Mower Deck Height Stabilizer

/ Mower Deck Height Stabilizer #1  

KU Gator

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920
My frustration with the 1/4" valve on the B2920 has been when using the rotary cut mower, it tends to sag in the front while mowing requiring me to keep an eye on it and bump it up. TripleR sent me a link for a Mower Deck Height Stabilizer Kit. While the company on the link did not seem to carry it a search found others that did. I got mine from Yesterdays Tractor. I am attaching a link to a different supplier as they have better pictures. They were $26.85 + $9.00 shipping.

Mower Deck Height Stabilizer Kit -- Finish Mower & Rotary Cutter Parts

It is supposed to hook to the the pin where the toplink connects to the tractor, but I don't think in the case of the small B's that would give enough angle and also the bracket would not fit into that area without some grinding. I checked with the Kubota dealer and he felt going to the ROPs would be ok as it ties to the frame. I have only tried it for a few minutes last night, but I think it will help. While they are advertised for the mower deck, you could use them on any implement that you wanted to limit how far it would drop.

I will attach picture of how I hooked it up and a picture of the telescopic stabilizers I also installed. Much better than the turnbuckles.

Attachments

• Chains1[1].jpg
    Chains1[1].jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 590
  • Chains2[1].jpg
    Chains2[1].jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 615
  • Telescopic Stabilizers.jpg
    Telescopic Stabilizers.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 753
   / Mower Deck Height Stabilizer #2  
FYI - When my dealer delivered my B2320 with rotary cutter, the brackets that you have attached to the ROPS were attached to either side of the top link pin on the tractor. Check chains were much shorter, and the top link point is designed for a significant load.

/ Mower Deck Height Stabilizer
Tutorbell - As you say, the chains are designed to be attached to where the top link attaches to the tractor. The brackets that came with mine will not fit into there without some modification. Also, I do not think the angle is enough to prevent it from dropping, maybe not all the way, but too much.

I did mow Saturday. It was the 1st time this spring at our other property, so the grass was up nearly as tall as the hood of the tractor in places. The chains made a big difference. Instead of varying from several inches off the ground in the front of the mower to dragging on the ground, I was able to maintain a reasonbly consistant mower height. The chains held the front of the mower up, but it was also easy to see when they got tight and bump the 3 pt hitch height adjust and loosen them. I do not have the depth perception to look down while mowing and tell how high the front of the mower is, so being able to just look at the chains made a big difference.

/ Mower Deck Height Stabilizer #4  
The front height adjustment on my Woods finish mower uses chains that attach near front of mower and in lower pin below top link.