Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven!

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #1  

glennmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota L3430
Yeehah...I\'m in Brush Hog Heaven!

Brush hogging is the ginchiest thing yet.

Just finished three full work days with my new 2910. Two days of bucket work removing rock and making a huge mess in the mud. There is sure a lot more to lifting rocks with your bucket than lifting rocks with your bucket. A lot of manual labor, prying and lifting. Still, the 2910 performed beautifully, carrying bucketloads of rock up a hill to be replaced on the top of the stone wall.

Today, I broke out the new Woods medium duty 5' brush cutter. What a blast! I plunged into 12' high phragmites and brambles with my trusty bucket in front of me like Lancelot's shield. I mean I was completely surrounded by the stuff, like in a tunnel, and could not see where I was going. I felt like Ramar of the Jungle on some dangerous, exciting exploration. Then I went into the woods. Pushing over trees, shredding brush, cutting nice wide trails. (I think I was on my neighbor's property. Ah, heck, he'll never know.) I went over an annoying ***** willow bush and it vaporized. I am glad I got the medium duty cutter with the slip clutch. I'm glad I traded the BX. Brush cutting made me glad in general. I can't wait to bridge my creek to get to my other 7 acres.

Brush hogging, "Baby, you're the ginchiest"

P.S. Bonus points to they who identify Ramar and the ginchy guy. This is tv trivia day.

Glenn

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #2  
Re: Yeehah...I\'m in Brush Hog Heaven!

man, I can sure relate to you! your joy and excitement is great to hear! Is it not funny how all the rest of the non tractoring world just does not get it? just as well I guess. keep on ah hoggin!

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #3  

Glenn,
Sounds like your having way to much fun./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #4  

Glenn,
You sound about as excited as me and my new B2910 with a 60" Bush Hog finishing (pretty tough) mower. This new combo does my 9 acres in at least half the time...maybe less and that Bush Hog can chop up more than heavy field grass. I did some backing into my own version of a jungle and opened up what is now becoming field again but had grown into a jungle of small saplings and brush of all types. I am pleased as can be with my new (about 1 month old) B 2910. Just think...someday I'll actually pay it off!

Don in NH

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #5  

My son hit an old tire (no rim) once with a rotary cutter when he could not see the ground in front of him and had not walked that area. Cost $250 for a new transmission.

Now I have a medium duty Bush Hog, but I understand that none of them do well on old tires.

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven!

I have come across several tires on my land, some partially buried, some on top. It makes me wonder why anyone would do that.

Unfotunately you cannot walk through an acre of phragmites, not unless you are a *********. Phragmites are the common reed, an invasive wetlands plant in New England. They are 10-15 feet high with hollow stems about 1/4" to 1/2" in diameter and tassels on top. They grow as close together as grass. When you are in them you are completely surrounded--front, back, sides, and even overhead as they arch and fall all over you. The light from the sun is blocked out. Tassel fluff and bugs fall all over you. I love it.

If I am going forward I don't think I could encounter a tire without sensing it as a sharp bump under my wheels. Going backwards, I do keep a sharp eye.

By the way, I guess no one is interested in identifying Ramar or the personality who used the word "ginchy". I thought at least TV-tractors-and-cowboys-Ernie might bite on this.

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #7  

Believe me if the tire is between the wheels you will never feel it until it thoroughly binds up your mower. They are just another hazard we tractor users take a chance on. Happy Tractoring
Greg H

/ Yeehah...I'm in Brush Hog Heaven! #8  

It would seem prudent to make a first cut high (in unwalked, uncharted territory so to speak) to prevent unwanted incidents as previously mentioned.