rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I just put these on and it makes the tractor feel MUCH more stable. I would highly recommend them. In the pic below the spacer is installed on the left side.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    786.7 KB · Views: 785
   / rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #2  
Looks good I have been thinking of doing this as well.

What size spacers? Kubota part or other? Are your turfs loaded if so how easy is it to move them around, the only thing holding me back is trying to handle my loaded R4s by myself...

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #3  
Good move. Wider is better for stability for sure.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #4  
Looks good I have been thinking of doing this as well.

What size spacers? Kubota part or other? Are your turfs loaded if so how easy is it to move them around, the only thing holding me back is trying to handle my loaded R4s by myself...

Engine cranes are CHEAP at Harbor Freight and good enough for 1/2 ton or so loaded R4 tires.
If one of mine ever fell over I would have a HARD TIME ever getting it upright, even if I didn't get hurt in the process.
I would probably scramble to get a turf tire on and mess with the FEL to pick it up again, but this is a problem I would rather avoid than solve - hence the engine crane, which I had already.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #5  
I can handle my loaded R4's ok on my B2620 and I'm average size and now that I'm 57 or 58 (can't remember) average strength I guess. I don't think any larger than 16x12.5 would be to easy though.

I put the loader bucket front down on the floor for stability, jack the rear of the tractor up in the middle, remove tire, roll it somewhere and leave it standing. To put it back on I roll it up on 2 or 3 - 1 inch boards to get it the right height (might adjust the jack a little too) turn the other wheel in neutral to line up the studs with the rim holes and wiggle it on. Recommend jack stands if you are taking both off at the same time.

It's not a peice of cake but it's quite doable.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #6  
My plan is to put the tractor up with the BH stabilizers then I was thinking I could use the floor jack to move the tire around and up/down (It may be easier to just roll the tire around than control it on the jack). I wonder if Bro-tek could make me a set of spacers? I am doing it more for chains in the winter but more stability would be nice.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #7  
I don't know what those weigh, but 17.5L24s are about 950/1,000 lbs each with RimGuard.
I don't always have the hoe on when I change my turfs to R4s, but the out riggers on my hoe only give a very coarse height adjustment.
They're not the same diameter, so there is always need for a slight height adjustment.

One trick you MIGHT try using with (relatively) light wheels is to "ride the shovel".
Steel shovel, get the wheel close and put the blade in under the tread edge, sit on the handle.
The leverage is good and if your balance is fair you have both hands free for jiggling and juggling things into final position.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #8  
Very nice setup, as mentioned, wider is better on hills and such. I wish I could make mine wider.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference
They are the Kubota spacers and I think they are about 2inches each. I used my spreader on a couple hill sides and it felt 100% better. I have only used the unloaded turfs and putting them on is not too bad at all. I am going to switch to my loaded ags soon and I am dreading that. I will try the shovel trick if I can get them close. It does seem like a good excuse for another jack, though.

/ rear spacers for B2920 - BIG difference #10  
I have to agree...... putting the rear wheel spacers on my 3030 made a huge improvement in stability. Hard to imagine an inch and a half per side made such a big difference.