Loader Kubota LA950A loader weak

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #1  

ussofa

Tractor
Kubota L4850DT
Hello all, I am new to this site and new to Kubota tractors. I have a question I was hoping someone might know the answer to. I bought a used L4850 Kubota 4wd with just over a thousand hours on it. The LA950A loader, model 1770A, will not lift a load of dirt. It even has problems with a half load. I have not attached any other equipment to it.I am told this tractor should be able to handle this size loader no problem. Any ideas of what I might check? The fluids are all full. Is there more than one way to route the lines to get more pressure?

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #2  
Have you yet changed out all the filters/fluid?

Most all pressure testing requires the filter and fluid to be up to specs.

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak
No i have not.

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #4  
I have a slow shifting shuttle when in gets hot on the JD. I have the filters fluids but with all the rain I have not got my 1st step done. :)

Could the fluid and filters make that much difference? The tractor was not used much and appears almost new.

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #6  
Perhaps not but if the condition of them are not known then the next main thing is the pump/valve factors.

The fluid and filters are overdue for a change I expect if never changed. Not sure about yours but I was look at my JD backhoe manual and it called for a change at 50 hours and then every 500 hours.

For many of us when we buy something without records we assume it needs to be done and then we keep up with it after that.

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #7  
I have the same loader but have experienced no problems. Did you check the 3PT lift? If that is weak as well it could be a pump problem, if not maybe a valve is sticking in the loader control. The 3PT lift should have a 3300 lb. lift or greater on your model. I have an L4350 and it is 3300 lbs.

The 3 point lift seems to work fine.

/ Kubota LA950A loader weak #9  
US,

Try this - lower your hitch to the mid poiint and see if the loader now has power to lift a bucket full of dirt.

If it does, the follow up linkage on the three point needs to be adjusted.

If no difference is noted, then likely the relief valve needs to be adjusted up to a higher pressure.

Try doing the test and see if there is a difference in what the loader will lift.

Good luck!