Backhoe BH92 on -2 version of L5740 HSTC

/ BH92 on -2 version of L5740 HSTC #1  

bitseeker

Silver Member
Tractor
GL5240
Hi,

I am going to be upgrading from a BX23 to a larger tractor with cab. I learned from Kubota that the new BH92 backhoe will fit only the -3 versions of the L-series cabbed tractors. I have the opportunity to buy a -2 L5740 HSTC at a good price, and would like to know what would be need to be modified to use the BH92 backhoe with a -2 cabbed L-series tractor.

The Kubota rep said he was not sure, but he beleved that the -3 subframe and hydraulics were different to suit the BH92.

I am hoping that folks on TBN will know if what I want to do is practical, and generally what will be required.

Thanks,
BitSeeker

/ BH92 on -2 version of L5740 HSTC #2  
bit,

I have seen the extension to the subframe - it is extended back with a spacer that makes it clear the back of the cab.

The backhoe has it's own seat.

/ BH92 on -2 version of L5740 HSTC
Thanks for the feedback.

I found there was too much uncertainty about the hydraulics, and mostly, the good-deal tractor turned out to be a fraud. This was interesting and enlightening, so I'll post a brief summary of the apparent fraud:

The listing was a L5740 HSTC with loader, used only 23.3 hours for $25K. That price turned out to be delivered when I checked. The photos looked GREAT! I asked for SN, seller ID, reason for sale, and tractor location to have it checked out. The "seller" provided his name and said he was in Europe opening his new hunting "equipments" store, and needed the money for that. He said that the tractor was both packed for shipment and in his farm shop (listed as San Mateo, California), and for security reasons, he could not provide exact location because the shop was not guarded. The kicker was that the payment was to be in US funds via bank transfer to a Hungarian bank. The double-kicker was that my wife found the same model AND serial number offered on E-bay, less the loader (an apparently valid offer) with 4XX hours. Looks like the guy (E-mail address: warupt@gmail.com ) found various photos, SN, and looked up some details and made up a totally bogus offer. When I notified the listing service, CalSwap, they checked, and pulled the listing and his membership. Unfortunatley, a new E-mail address is easy to get. I hope my experience helps someone avoid a similar fraud.

In this quest, I found that there will be no non-turbo -3 L-series produced until September. I had not wanted the turbo, but the $25K price was better than a lower-HP L-series I was planning for. Now I have ordered a turbo L-series version to be able to get the cab and and Kubota backhoe before September. The dealer says the cab/turbo logic is that most cabs are sold to snowblower users (my case) and that those tractors are generally used at high altitude (~4,000 ft. for mine) so the turbo recovers power lost to the thin air. I would be interested in your experiences with turbo on the Kubota engines.

It would seem possible to increase the Kubota's boost if the engine always operates at reduced atmospheric pressure. For reference, I run my snowmobile at 14:1 above 6,500' on 91 octane California fuel, containing 10% alcohol, without detonation.