Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #1  

rchmielewski

Tractor
Kubota L-3710
I would like to add some additional hydraulic controls to a L-3710. Currently I have a FEL. What does it take to add a hydraulic top link and a hydraulic tilt control? The dealer is quoting in the range of $1,000 for the hydraulic connections and valving. That seems like a bunch for valving and piping.

Is this a job I can do myself and if it is where do I start. Anyone have a parts list or a place I can call to get the parts.
Adjusting the top link everytime I change implements is a pain. Right now I'm in the process of clearing, leveling and fencing so I'm changing implements a lot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob C.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #2  
Look back in this forum to August 2 (or do a search) and you will find a string on Hydraulic Top Link DIY in which this was discussed.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #3  
What I am looking for is the cost of the Double Acting Remote Hydraulic Valve kit and if installation is something I can do. The hydraulic pistons for the top link and tilt are not a problem.

Bottom line is can I afford to buy the parts, and if I can, would I be able to install them without taking the tractor apart.

Has any one installed this kit??

Bob C.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #4  
I'm going to install additional rear hydraulics when I get around to it. I figure I'll put together my own kit. I'll start by seeing if additional valve sections are available for my existing spooling valve assembly. If not, I'll start pricing parts from Northern Tool on-line, or other suppliers.

As far as I know, in open centred systems, additional valve assemblies can be hooked in series with an existing loader control--either the inlet or outlet line. I would have to make sure any new valve didn't have a line restriction smaller than the existing valves. Hydraulic parts in the Northern Catalogue tend to be rated for pump gpm ranges. A part with a rating appropriate for my pump should be OK--as long as I remember to remove any closed centre plugs. Mounting an additional valve assembly may be a greater problem than hooking it up.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #5  
Adding the valves yourself is not too tough. I picked up a top and tilt kit with three valves from my dealer (used), and installed the entire thing in a couple hours.

There wasn't much clearance on my L3600, but I jimmied it around enough to get it to fit.

Gannon made the hydraulic cylanders, If I can find a part # on anything tonight, I'll post them.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #6  
Have heard Gannon Hyd. Cyl. mentioned here and in previous thread on hydraulic top link. Who is Gannon and how do you get in touch with them? Catalog available? thanks

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #7  
Like so many other compaines Woods has bought them out. They make heavy duty stuff. Here is the link http://www.woodsonline.com/ click on construction then click on Gannon then click on power links.

I've got a Gannon top link on my tractor and it's tough as nails very heavy duty the part number is 13-1129. Don't know if that will help anyone it's cat 1.
Gordon

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #8  
Actually the Gannon top link is made to order with your dealer supplying the size for each end and the minimum and maximum lengths and they make it that way. The dealer puts on the hydraulic ends to fit your tractor. It is a custom made part and takes about 2 weeks to get. They are also very strong with 2500psi acting on about 4 sq inches should produce at least 10,000# of force. Something is going to move when you engage that link!

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #9  
Gordon,
My dealer gave me a price of $190 for a Deere top link kit. I'm curious to know how does this compare with the price you paid for the unit you got from Gannon?

/ Hydraulic Top Link Info Needed #10  
I'm not 100% sure but I've got in the ballpark of $250.00 for the toplink and the hoses, quickcouplers. But the Gannon toplink is very heavy duty to say the least. Sounds like the dealer gave you a very good price on that link. Beware that there are different grades of cylinders, but more than likely if it's from the Deere dealer it's a good toplink.

Gordon