Capabilities of L3400

/ Capabilities of L3400 #1  

wykubotaguy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400DT
Anybody else have a L3400. If so, what have you done with it. FEL max lifs, 3pt weight you have carried, maxium weight you have towed? Thanks:D

/ Capabilities of L3400 #2  
I only have 30+ hours on mine so my experience is limited. I have 'plowed' snow with the fel curled back slightly on a 500' driveway this winter. I spread 50 ton of process stone on the driveway - I guess a full bucket is about 1000 lbs. I think the heaviest 3ph implement I have is a BX42 chipper. It certainly has no difficulty handling that small load (probably <500 lbs).

I did use a 5' boxblade to help clear / flatten 1/2 acre of wooded area. Other than catching a good sized root once it worked out great - I just go real slow around the trees :)

I also used the fel to push over small trees in this area (<3" diameter). Then the bucket is used to rip out the root ball.

So far it does everything I could want.

/ Capabilities of L3400
Thanks Ctgoldwing. I have moved approx. 150 yards of dirt, 24 yards of 3/4 minus rock, and tilled very little. The reason i was asking about max fel and so forth is i have never maxed it out and have had large loads (rear tires spin w/ tiller attached, i dump half of those loads. not worth breaking a front axle.)and i never seem to have enough traction. The rear tires are filled and the tiller weighs 700#. I am second owner of the tractor. Is it possible the previous owner changed the limit on the bypass valve and if so how do you change it back. thanks:)

/ Capabilities of L3400 #4  
I would assume it is similar to the L4400 in the adjustment here is a link to a thread about checking and adjusting the Hyd pressure on it. It may be a start for you. L4400HST FEL Hydraulic Pressure Check