PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #1  

BlakesL

I'm considering purchasing a Kubota B8200HST E, 720 hours, 2WD, $3000 and was wondering if anyone could please help me out with the following questions:

1. Could you dig post holes with it, even in sometimes rocky ground (small to moderate cobble)?
2. What type/size auger would you use?
3. Since it is 2WD, could you move snow with it? (Turf tires, would probably need to buy chains)
4. Is it easier to move snow with the bucket or with a rear blade?
5. What size brush hog would be best 4' or 5'?

Thank you!

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #2  
Sorry can't answer your questions directly but I will comment on the 2wd. I had a question on buying a 2wd and am so glad I did not. Even when just bush hogging sometimes I need a little 4wd where the ground is a little uneven or just slightly damp when turning etc. I guess if your cutting a wide open field that is level and dries quickly it would be fine. I use a box blade and for the leveling I was doing 2wd would have been useless. good luck

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #3  
you can handle 5' bush hog on that large tractor. my neighbor has a 2wd tractor with turfs but he plows with plow on front and he must use chains or he cant get up the hill when plow is off the ground.

As for PHD, I am not sure if it can handle gravel like cobble stones. The only way to tell is try it. Just be prepared to disconnect the auger and use pipe wrench to back it out by hand.

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #4  
The two wheel drive may require you to use chains even in the summer.

The ease which snow can be moved depends on, how deep, where can you push too, Hardness of drifts, or wetness and of course steepness of terrain. For snow chains would probably prove a necessity.

Ultimately the loader will prove best for snow removal as you can carry snow and stack it out of the way.

Post hole diggers may present a clearance problem???

:confused:

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions
Thanks to all for the replies.

I wondered about the clearance on the post hole digging, as the 3 point & PTO seem pretty low.

Does anyone have any practical experience with PHD with a small utility tractor like the Kubota B8200 HST E?

Also, do you know if the rear hydraulics have downward pressure, or if this would just be gravity and the auger action?

Thanks again to everyone!

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #6  
hold out for 4 wd-------you'll be much more satisfied

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #7  
I would agree with those who say "avoid" and wait for a 4wd.

It was the predecessor to the B1750 - so 20HP. I would say only a 4 foot bushhog - although a 5 blade finishing mower.

J

/ PLEASE HELP - Kubota B8200HST E purchase decision/questions #8  
I can say that a 4WD can move snow... I've had hard experience. Both with a 5' rear blade and a loader. I just bought chains, but that was after encoutering 40"+ of heavy, wet snow that had everyone around here whining. And, it should handle an auger just fine... I have one with a 9" auger, and only tree roots and big rocks cause trouble. (foto attached) A pipe wrench will back it out, and a heavy wrecking bar will help if it's a rock that needs to be broken up. Unless you are working level ground, I'd absolutely wait for something with 4WD... hauling big logs or pushing a mass of snow demands it.

Attachments

• tractor rear.jpg
    tractor rear.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 113