Tires Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #1  

djt298

Folks,
I have a B 7800 with 50 hrs, the other day I was pushing a large rock with my loader to put it in position with a stairway I built. When I looked down the front left AG tire had come off the rim. Did a quick assessment and noticed there was an approximate two inch gash in the side wall of the the Bridgestone 180/85 D 12" tire. Dropped it off at the dealer who just patched the tube and put it together and said it would be fine. When I inquired to see if it would be covered by warranty he said probably not. He also said the size tire I had was not standard for the B-7800. Okay a little confused? I guess the dealer changed tires on the 7800 before I bought it?
Should this be covered by warranty? Am I okay with a tube and a 2" gash? I play hard will this tractor will it stand up?
Input is appreciated?
Thanks, Drew

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #2  
Drew,
The FEL really works your front tires - especially if you use your loader to the max, which it sounds like you do. l really can't understand a dealer returning a machine with a 2" gash in the sidewall of a front tire. Either he doesn't know much about the machinery he sells & services, or he doesn't care about his customer. You really need to talk to the shop manager and make sure this is what they think is the best solution for you. If they stick to this line, then I'd consider finding another dealer, if there's one reasonably close by.
-Jim

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #3  
Did the dealer put a "boot" in the tire? Not sure how large of an opening a boot will cover but we used them on rear tires years ago.

Roy

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #4  
I have never heard of tractor tires being covered under warranty; don't know about insurance.

I would expect at the bare minimum a hot patch on your sidewall. I am very picky about tires and probably would replace it myself. I have some pretty steep terrain and a tire failure could easily result in a roll over.

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #5  
I agree that your loader will push your narrow ag tires to the max. It sounds as though your dealer was trying to save you money by putting a tube in your damaged tire. I would not expect a gash in the tire to be covered by warranty. If it were me I'd probably look into the tire size comment. Its certainly possible two sets of tires were swapped at the dealer to satisfy a particular customer. I would make sure the size on your tractor is approved for the 7800.

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #6  
Folks,
He also said the size tire I had was not standard for the B-7800. Okay a little confused? I guess the dealer changed tires on the 7800 before I bought it?

Maybe they're just used to seeing turfs or R4's?

/ Tire issue B 7800 Ag tires #7  
I agree that your loader will push your narrow ag tires to the max. It sounds as though your dealer was trying to save you money by putting a tube in your damaged tire. I would not expect a gash in the tire to be covered by warranty. If it were me I'd probably look into the tire size comment. Its certainly possible two sets of tires were swapped at the dealer to satisfy a particular customer. I would make sure the size on your tractor is approved for the 7800.
I agree with this. When I bought my first Kubota I discovered that the fronts/rears were mismatched. Luckily the guy that owned it rarely used 4WD and not on pavement. I always put on wider fronts because I use the loader a lot. Took awhile to find the right combo on my B7800 because I had R4's but finally found a set of R1 trencher tires that have worked well.