BX23 Cruise Control?

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #1  

BSF215

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had tried installing cruise control on a BX23,
now that the 24 & 25 have them,
OR...
Would it be better to use the seat belt slot and try the 2230 cruise control?

Thanks
Bryan

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #2  
Have you tried to see if you can get a kit for it ? When I last looked how mine is setup, it looks pretty much straightforward.

I apoligize for the messy picture, but if you look closely on the left side of the picture, you will see the teeth part on the HST linkage. That is the cruise control holder.It is partailly disconnected on my BX when I worked on it last. If you have those 2 holes available on the linkages, then it gotta be easy to install one like from BX24.

Attachments

• DSCF3380.jpg
    DSCF3380.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 241
   / BX23 Cruise Control? #3  
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had tried installing cruise control on a BX23,
now that the 24 & 25 have them,
OR...

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan, Your tractor -BX23, is based off the same series as the BX2230. I would look there.

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #4  
Yes, I installed cruse control on my bx23. Piece of cake.

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #5  
Yes, I installed cruse control on my bx23. Piece of cake.

Ron, do you remember what the price was for the cruise control?

Don

/ BX23 Cruise Control?
Thanks radioman & Flatlander... I have a rain day here so I'll check into that linkage and the 2230 setup more.

638... Do you have any pics/info on how you went about it?

Thanks

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #7  
I don't know anything about a "seat belt slot"...if you don't have an open slot for the cruise control, I'd be confused. I'm guessing you have an 'earlier' BX23...as far as I know my BX2230 came standard with the cruise control, so I would have assumed yours to be the same way.

I've uploaded the two sheets from the parts manual that have the mechanism parted out. I would think this to be available as a kit, also. Either way, your dealer should be able to get it for you and it should install in your tractor easy enough.

For the record, I have it and don't use it all that much. It doesn't hold the absolute fastest speed setting, so when I'm on a "straight run", I hold the treadle anyway to get as much spunk out of the tractor as possible. And when I'm NOT at all-ahead-full, I'm dodging trees and other obstacles, so I don't use it then, either.

But if you're mowing a field and don't want to go all-out, I can see how this would be a useful addition.

Good luck!

Attachments

• BX2230 Cruise Control Mechanism.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 231
   / BX23 Cruise Control?
Thank you for the info Keith!
I actually just found that same parts diagram yesterday.. lol

I do alot of york raking and core aerating on client properties, sometimes all day.
So, whatever "short" break I can get from keeping my foot in that position all day would be GREAT!... lol

Thank again
Will let everyone know what I find out to work best.

/ BX23 Cruise Control? #9  
I was unable to find the sales ticket for the cruise control, so don't have a clue what I paid for it. The kit, #BX7340, is not really hard to install, just takes a little time. The instructions I have are in color, but I don't remember if I downloaded them or they came with the kit. The instructions refer to the kit fitting BX1500, BX1800, & BX2200 tractors. It went on the BX23 with out a hitch.

/ BX23 Cruise Control?
Thank you Ron,
I will look into finding that kit number!