1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking

/ 1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking #1  

Thomas Abel

When I remove my toe from the forward pedal it continues forward until I hit the reverse pedal. I have attached a spring to the reverse pedal and it helps some what, but I am afraid I am going to run into something sometime. Any idea what the fix is?:anyone::anyone:

Thanks Tom

/ 1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking #2  
On my ex-B7100HST I clean and grease often..grease fitting under floor board.

Right hand side under floor board,do you have roller which strikes sort of notch piece of metal which help return back to neutral..metal piece maybe gum up or roller/metal worn..also adjust rod should contact dealer if no shop manual.

/ 1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking #3  
Check out the hydro linkages.

Make sure the tensioning spring is still doing it's thing.

Make sure the roller wheel is still in the proper place on the V centering plate.:)

/ 1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking
Thanks guys. I will check all those things tomorrow. I know that I have lubed it since it started doing that, but I'll look more closely tomorrow.

There seems to be a tension spring. The pedal goes down 1" and hits more resistance and goes down another 1" or so and stops. It stays there, but can be returned with little up pressure to center it. I don't have a manual, so I can't see where a tension spring goes.

I found the problem. The arm that holds the roller is mounted to the frame like a banjo bolt. The mounting is worn out and the arm moves away from centering v block as the pedal is moved in the forward position. The roller slips off the v Block and slides up the side of the v block where it binds the mechanism so it won't return. I attached a piece of strap metal bent with an offset to the frame on an existing frame bolt extending upwards so the arm slides against it instead of running off the track of the v block. If I have to rebuild the engine this winter I will fix the arm. This shouldn't have happened with only 600 hours on the machine. I have removed the spring I had attached earlier.

Thanks for all the help. You homed me into the correct area of the trouble.

I am very happy with this diagnosis. Tom

/ 1991 Kubota hst7100 forward pedal sticking #6  
Note that there is also a 12mm or maybe 10mm nut that holds the roller mechanism onto a shaft at the top. The top cover has to be removed to access this part.

Send me your email address and I'll try and get a parts description to you.:D

I see that from down below it looks like about a 6mm bolt holding the banjo part of the arm. It may be either a lubed pivot or a rubber molding between the two parts. My E-mail is tjabel@intergate.com My fix seems to work fine temporarily. I'll take the cover off again and look into the hole in the frame to be sure what I am dealing with.:):)

Thanks Tom