Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050

/ Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050 #1  

D902 BX PILOT

Tractor
BX2360
gents,
am ready to pull the trigger on a rtr land pride w/slip clutch for my bx2360.
i have two quotes, and they're about $ 220.00 apart, the rtr1050 being greater in cost & weight, tine size. . . . but offsetable if i take my quick hitch off.
is there a case to be made either way . . . i know there are number of fellows on this site that use the rtr0550 . . . but i've stumbled into the twisting my head into kruller shape with knots . . . thanks in advance for responses

regards, D902 BX PILOT

/ Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050 #2  
gents,
am ready to pull the trigger on a rtr land pride w/slip clutch for my bx2360.
i have two quotes, and they're about $ 220.00 apart, the rtr1050 being greater in cost & weight, tine size. . . . but offsetable if i take my quick hitch off.
is there a case to be made either way . . . i know there are number of fellows on this site that use the rtr0550 . . . but i've stumbled into the twisting my head into kruller shape with knots . . . thanks in advance for responses

regards, D902 BX PILOT

Dont hesitate, buy the RTR 1050 it will be stronger in breaking new ground and reopening a current garden, breaking 1/2 or 1/4 widths are more easily cut and broken as the half or three fourths already broken will offer little resistance. the more you breeak the ground the more friable it become.

Adding sand will always improve drainage and increase the ease in building raised beds which will allow early germination of seeds and reduce weet roots from heavy rains, adding gypsum destroys clay and the bonus for buying the bigger heavier unit is you can simply tear 2 inches of soil up to death at a time with the needle valve adjusment under the seat setting the height of the tiller without adjusting the depth gauge skids when breaking virgin ground when breaking ground if you want and expose the rocks and pull them out easily

dont hesitate about buyting it as it will be nothing but a plus for your needs, buying more power or strength in an implement will never be an issue as it will be something that will reduce any chance of breakdowns to a bare minimum
and you will have a stronger implement to do work.

leonz

/ Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050 #3  
I have the Land Pride RTR0550 as that is what my dealer recommended. It has worked well for me on my BX2660 on all types of soil; maybe the RTR1050 will work better, just never used one.

/ Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050 #4  
I have the RTR050 on my B2920 with quick hitch. It works well and covers the wheel tracks. It seems to me that you can do everything you need to do with the RTR0550 AND it's less expensive AND it's quick hitch compatible.

I'm often tillering along side a row of plantings already in the ground. No problem tillering right up next to it.

I love my quick hitch. Having to take it off to use a implement would be a hassle.

/ Land Pride RTR0550 vs. RTR1050 #5  
We own an RTR 1058, they are also Quick-Hitch compatable but with the added bonus of being off-setable and to either side! The gearbox has a 3 year longer warranty than that of an 05 model and they are constructed more heavily.

The RTR1558 is a REAL HD tiller, but adds another $200 to the bill.