Land Pride RTA 1550

/ Land Pride RTA 1550 #1  

poldies4

Silver Member
Tractor
B 2320
I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of this model? In the literature it states 17-35hp tractor. Is this at the pto or tractor engine hp? I would be running this on a BX1860. I think my pto hp is 13 or so at wot? Any suggestions? Would it be too big, or a reasonable fit? My buddy bought one, and I'd like to borrow it for my garden. Don't want to damage either his tiller, or my tractor. Thanks.....

/ Land Pride RTA 1550 #2  
VERY similar to our RTR1058 and the "HP rating" is overall HP in order to gauge the size of the tractor more than the PTO HP required to operate it.

A 35 PTO HP tractor is a LOT bigger and heavier than a 35 engine HP tractor in most cases!

We've got about 18 PTO HP which is MORE than enough for the 60" RTR tiller.

/ Land Pride RTA 1550
Thanks ModMech, I assumed as much, but I really didn't want to wreck anything. Appreciate the comments.....

/ Land Pride RTA 1550 #4  
I ran the Land Pride 50" tiller with a 16hp PTO CUT for many years with no problems at all. Did a good job in many soil conditions, you should be fine.

/ Land Pride RTA 1550 #5  
am in the hunt for a land pride tiller. i will be buying a rtr0550 or rtr1050, my bx2360 has 17.7 at the pto. land pride now has on their websight a horsepower suggestion/requirement for the tillers . . . bx1860 might be shy on the pto horsepower end-- good luck anyhow . . . have fun horsing a 400 lb tiller around.

shrekbelly

/ Land Pride RTA 1550
am in the hunt for a land pride tiller. i will be buying a rtr0550 or rtr1050, my bx2360 has 17.7 at the pto. land pride now has on their websight a horsepower suggestion/requirement for the tillers . . . bx1860 might be shy on the pto horsepower end-- good luck anyhow . . . have fun horsing a 400 lb tiller around.

shrekbelly

That was one of the original questions, I saw that the requirements were 17-35hp tractor, however it does not state if that is pto hp or tractor hp. As I stated earlier I'm pretty sure that my 1860 is 13 or maybe 13.5 hp at the pto. Do you know if that rating is tractor hp or pto hp? Any clarification would be appreciated. I stopped by to look at the 1550 again and even noticed potential issues with being able to raise it high enough to get it off the ground. I took measurements, we'll see.....

/ Land Pride RTA 1550 #7  
If I remember right, the slip-clutch was a "10 HP" one, or at least that's what we discussed. So certainly it won't take that much PTO HP to operate the tiller.

Honestly, we don't feel the engine working very much harder running the tiller over the MMM.

/ Land Pride RTA 1550
Hey ModMech, thanks for the info. Have you or anyone else had issues with the height of these tillers? Measurements seem to be awfully close, and don't want to drag that beast around if I can't lift it!! Thanks....