Silver Member
    Tractor
    B 2320

Default Land Pride RTA 1550

I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of this model? In the literature it states 17-35hp tractor. Is this at the pto or tractor engine hp? I would be running this on a BX1860. I think my pto hp is 13 or so at wot? Any suggestions? Would it be too big, or a reasonable fit? My buddy bought one, and I'd like to borrow it for my garden. Don't want to damage either his tiller, or my tractor. Thanks.....

Tractor
    Kubota B2410

Default Re: Land Pride RTA 1550

VERY similar to our RTR1058 and the "HP rating" is overall HP in order to gauge the size of the tractor more than the PTO HP required to operate it.

A 35 PTO HP tractor is a LOT bigger and heavier than a 35 engine HP tractor in most cases!

We've got about 18 PTO HP which is MORE than enough for the 60" RTR tiller.
    JohnG
    We have Democracy, but were founded on Liberty.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790).

I am for LIBERTY!

I Support electric trailer brakes on EVERY axle over the towing vehicle's GVW, CDLs for RVers and safety inspections on ALL licensed vehicles!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B 2320

Thanks ModMech, I assumed as much, but I really didn't want to wreck anything. Appreciate the comments.....

Tractor
    JD3520cab

I ran the Land Pride 50" tiller with a 16hp PTO CUT for many years with no problems at all. Did a good job in many soil conditions, you should be fine.

Silver Member

am in the hunt for a land pride tiller. i will be buying a rtr0550 or rtr1050, my bx2360 has 17.7 at the pto. land pride now has on their websight a horsepower suggestion/requirement for the tillers . . . bx1860 might be shy on the pto horsepower end-- good luck anyhow . . . have fun horsing a 400 lb tiller around.

shrekbelly

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B 2320

Quote Originally Posted by shrekbelly View Post
    am in the hunt for a land pride tiller. i will be buying a rtr0550 or rtr1050, my bx2360 has 17.7 at the pto. land pride now has on their websight a horsepower suggestion/requirement for the tillers . . . bx1860 might be shy on the pto horsepower end-- good luck anyhow . . . have fun horsing a 400 lb tiller around.

shrekbelly
    That was one of the original questions, I saw that the requirements were 17-35hp tractor, however it does not state if that is pto hp or tractor hp. As I stated earlier I'm pretty sure that my 1860 is 13 or maybe 13.5 hp at the pto. Do you know if that rating is tractor hp or pto hp? Any clarification would be appreciated. I stopped by to look at the 1550 again and even noticed potential issues with being able to raise it high enough to get it off the ground. I took measurements, we'll see.....

Tractor
    Kubota B2410

If I remember right, the slip-clutch was a "10 HP" one, or at least that's what we discussed. So certainly it won't take that much PTO HP to operate the tiller.

Honestly, we don't feel the engine working very much harder running the tiller over the MMM.
    JohnG
    We have Democracy, but were founded on Liberty.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790).

I am for LIBERTY!

I Support electric trailer brakes on EVERY axle over the towing vehicle's GVW, CDLs for RVers and safety inspections on ALL licensed vehicles!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B 2320

Hey ModMech, thanks for the info. Have you or anyone else had issues with the height of these tillers? Measurements seem to be awfully close, and don't want to drag that beast around if I can't lift it!! Thanks....