First problem with my Kubota..

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #1  

The Dougster

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
About a week ago, while completing some minor task with my "Bota, it sudeenly stopped, as if thrown out of gear.. no forward, no reverse. This is a hydrostatic transmission BTW... finally, out of disgust, I shut down the engine and then re-started it... transmission worked fine.
Earlier this week, while bush hogging, this problem came up several times during the day... shut down and re-start the engine and kept going. Whatdda ya think? Transmission problem or hydraulic pump problem? Help! :mad:

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #2  
What model is it? It sounds like something is being reset every time you
turn it off. May be electrical.

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #3  
Could it be to autocutoff seat switch? That happens to me sometimes when I lean off the seat too far

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #4  
I only have 5 hours on my B3200 and I had the same thing happen to me as I was scooping up some dirt with the FEL this past week. I heard a small clunk and then I didn't have forward or reverse. The engine was still running. I was thinking.....you gotta be #$*^&%* kidding me. After a brief assessment, my gear selector popped from Medium "M" into Neutral "N". I put it back in gear and everything was fine.

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #5  
Are you moving your gear selector during the restart process?

/ First problem with my Kubota..
This is an L2800... my first thought was that it has slipped out of gear.. I changed gears without effect.. I did not rise from the seat, tripping any safety features... the only cure is to kill the engine and re-start. I changed hydraulic fluid less than 100 hours ago. Fluid level shows normal... I am at a loss.

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #7  
This is an L2800... my first thought was that it has slipped out of gear.. I changed gears without effect.. I did not rise from the seat, tripping any safety features... the only cure is to kill the engine and re-start. I changed hydraulic fluid less than 100 hours ago. Fluid level shows normal... I am at a loss.

Gonna take someone with more tractor smarts than me as you have tried everything I can think of; just doesn't make sense to me.

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #8  
reading carefully the OP post.... seems that the engine keeps running but vehicle behaves as if it were in neutral.

There is a sensor, I believe, under the gear shift lever that senses when it is in neutral.

Next time this happens, before doing anything, look at the intellipanel.... what gear does it say you are in..Low, or Medium, or High, or Neutral...if neutral, I'd suspect the sensor...make sure it is properly positioned, etc....wires tight, etc.

/ First problem with my Kubota.. #9  
reading carefully the OP post.... seems that the engine keeps running but vehicle behaves as if it were in neutral.

There is a sensor, I believe, under the gear shift lever that senses when it is in neutral.

Next time this happens, before doing anything, look at the intellipanel.... what gear does it say you are in..Low, or Medium, or High, or Neutral...if neutral, I'd suspect the sensor...make sure it is properly positioned, etc....wires tight, etc.

L2800 doesn't have an "intellipanel."

/ First problem with my Kubota..
Correct, the is no "intellipanel"... I will check the book for a sensor. Somehow, I'm doubting it because I shut down and re-start without changing anything and everything is okay for a while. Counter-intuitive, but I'll certainly not discount the "sensor" theory.. I sincerely appreciate the input.