Mowing B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower

/ B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower #1  

allenp

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I am currently using a 5' rear discharge finish mower (Sitrex) and thinking about upgrading to 6'. I've found a steal on a like new Woods PRD7200, but in checking the specs, I have a concern that it is too heavy. The mower weighs 719 lbs.

Per the B2910 Op Manual, the max lifting weight is 750 lbs, and the Implement Weight should not exceed 500 lbs.

Opinions?

/ B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower #2  
I have a RD72 rear discharge for my MF1040. It is a great mower! It is heavy, but my MF1040 can easily handle the weight. Your specks told you that it is to heavy for your machine, if I read your information in the post correctly. Good luck in your decision. I just got a Kubota ZD21 60" mower and unless I want to just exercise the RD72, I will mow with the ZD21 as it will mow circles around the tractor and finish mower combo time wise and any other way also.

/ B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower #3  
I have a first choice 72 inch model that weights 528 pounds that I pull behind a b2910. While I would be comfortable pulling a mower that weighs 700 pounds, I would be concered with lifting it as it may pull your front end off the ground. I have hills and have to be careful when lifting the rfm. If your lot is flat you probably would be ok. I would certainly recommend always using the roll over protection (mine is a folding model and I have to fold it down to get in garage.

john

/ B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower #4  
Like my dealer told me quite a few years ago, you have enough power to turn the blades, so it'll mow just fine, with its wheels on the ground, but if you need to lift it, then you should probably stay with the lighter model. You have to consider both the strain on your 3-point hitch and how light the front end of the tractor will be unless you have front end counterweights. I used a 5' Bush Hog (RDTH60 - 536 pounds) with my B2710 and had no problem lifting it, but I could sure tell the front end was light when I did. I would not have wanted anything heavier back there (the Bush Hog RDTH72 was 588 pounds).

/ B2910 and Woods RD7200 Finish Mower
Thanks. I knew that HP was a non issue, but the weight was on the upper limit. I have looked at the Bush Hog RDTH 72, and several others, so I guess that I'll have to let the good deal pass on by. Thanks again for the feedback.