Service Manuals

/ Service Manuals #1  

Anonymous Poster

I would like some advice on service manuals from Kubota.
English? Cost? Accuracy? Whatever? (B21).

Thanks in advance for any information.

/ Service Manuals #2  
Al_Wa. You really need both a "Shop Manual" and a "Parts Manual" for a Kubota. Last fall I ordered mine from Carver for my B2710. I believe the cost was $88 for the shop manual and $38 for the parts manual. I've seen some other messages posted by folks who think they are outstanding manuals. I'm probably a little more critical, but I'd say they're above average at least. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Bird

/ Service Manuals #3  
Do the Shop and Parts manuals for a certain model tractor also cover the Kubota Loader and Rototiller available for that tractor or would they be separate manuals?

My Operator's manual for by old B6100 makes no mention of the Kubota Loader on it or the Kubota Rototiller so I'm wondering if (hoping that) the Shop & Parts manuals have broader coverage(?)

Bill

/ Service Manuals #4  
No, the manuals cover the tractor; the loader and tiller are not included. I got an "Operator's Manual" with the loader with operating and installation instructions. Wish it had more on service and/or repairs, especially for the hydraulic valve. And I have a Bush Hog brand tiller that came with its own manual.

Bird

/ Service Manuals #5  
i bought the service manual for my B6100 from the kabota dealer,
it was cheaper than anyone quoted me on line; as for
quality of the manual?? well, maybe i'm just not use to
the format used: i get manuals on every piece of equipment i
get;JD, Ferguson, Ford, IH Cub; an i like this manual format
the least, but it beats the heck out of nuthin..
heehaw

/ Service Manuals #6  
Al, you must have been using your manual to ask these questions. I bought the manuals from my dealer for my L2250. I was using it to perform the 800 hour maintenance and noticed the same items you refered to in your post. My tractor series started in 1985, so I thought Kubota was early in the learning curve.

I do question the value in $75 for a manual that appears to have been photocopied from a fourth generation photocopy. No covers, either. It's made to be put in a three ring binder. Incomplete instructions, poor illustrations, inaccurate information (intake and exhaust valves lables reversed). I can only imagine what could happen if someone didn't recognize incorrect information and act accordingly. Makes me wonder what all IS incorrect in the manual. I can live with the broken English. Like Hee Haw said, it beats nothing.

I don't want to sound critical of Kubota' tractor. I love my little tractor. That's why I want to provide the best care I can for it.

/ Service Manuals #7  
I bought the service and parts manual for the loader. It is indeed a seperate set of manuals. The real killer was the supplement for the 2000 model M6800 which was about 1/8 inch thick and cost about $65. The other manuals were priced pretty fair. You can also buy a 3 ring Kubot Binder for them, but that doesn't come with the manuals either, but was priced ok.

/ Service Manuals #8  
I guess I'm just a real cheap bum. I hate the thought of paying 70+ bucks for one of these manuals. I work in the software industry and we must give manuals away at no cost to anyone. For us it comes down to this: our own people need the manuals so we create them. Once created, anybody can have access to them if they own our product. But there's no extra charge.

Like I said, I guess I'm just cheap. I collect returnable pop cans to pay for my manuals.

/ Service Manuals #9  
Nothing wrong with collecting pop cans the money adds up quick. But around here we collect soda cans. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Service Manuals #10  
Gordon I love it! I've lived in the midwest for almost 20 years now and still can't bring myself to say 'pop'. Fortunately, my wife and kids are bilingual and understand me when I say 'soda'. 'Fraid I got indoctrinated in Central New York.