TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #1  

delonm

I have an issue with a new PHD I purchased from TSC. It is the CountyLine Model 100 (Speedco?). It is currently on sale. :)

The issue is that there does not appear to be enough clearance on the toplink for the boom arm to raise more than halfway. At about halfway, the arm binds agains the top of the toplink. Anyone else run into this issue? Do they make an extender for the toplink? I was expecting to run into issue with the lift arms needing to be adjusted, but frankly, I don't see any way to fix this issue.

I am honestly hoping I am just doing something wrong. I have read several posts from folks that appear to be using the same PHD with their BX tractors.

Thanks,

David

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #2  
I had the same question as you did, it is posted under :bx2660 and post hole digger: Its in this same forum and I think it was dated 5/04..sorry I dont know how to link to ithttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/168508-bx2660-post-hole-digger-new-post.html...sorry it was dated 5/02...hope this helps

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue
The TSC post hole digger I bought is going back tomorrow. It simply does not fit the BX2660 tractor. There is not enough clearance between the boom end and the toplink "shroud". Why the toplink has this shroud is a mystery to me, but the entire toplink appears to be part of the rear frame and not adjustable.

Ironically, if I had enough clearance at the toplink, I am certain it has enough adjustment for the lift arms to raise the auger above the ground.

Disappointing. The actual PHD seems pretty sturdy.

Hopefully my TSC will take if back... :(

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #4  
I had the same question as you did, it is posted under :bx2660 and post hole digger: Its in this same forum and I think it was dated 5/04..sorry I dont know how to link to ithttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/168508-bx2660-post-hole-digger-new-post.html...sorry it was dated 5/02...hope this helps

you mean this link ?

bx2660 and post hole digger - Page 4 - TractorByNet.com

Can you post a picture of this shroud before and after it about to bind? maybe you justs need to add the HF quick hitch to "change" geometry of hookup? you might just need a adapter that can be ordered with the QH for swivel with PHD. besides the HF QH is really useful, at least its for me.

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #5  
hey radioman how did you do that? Thats what I love about this forum all the help in the world at your fingertips

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #6  
nothing specail really drg1. I did the search on that thread, copied the link in the explorer web address bar, pasted it in the post comments. Once you post the message, the link magically appears! ;) If you not sure if it gonna work, before clicking submit reply, click preview post instead. Then when you see it as the way it will be posted, then you can go again and click post reply.

clear as mud ? :eek:

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #7  
cool thanks

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #8  
drg1, I think your link didn't automatically format properly because it was not bounded by white space - that is, there was no space separating the link from the previous word. The forum's rendering engine didn't recognize it as a web address.

You can also highlight some text in your message, click the Link icon in the toolbar (little globe and chain) and put the address into the dialog box that appears. Special text will be automatically added to turn the selection into a link.

/ TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue
Can you post a picture of this shroud before and after it about to bind? maybe you justs need to add the HF quick hitch to "change" geometry of hookup? you might just need a adapter that can be ordered with the QH for swivel with PHD. besides the HF QH is really useful, at least its for me.

The "shroud" I am referring to is part of the toplink welded to the frame of the tractor. It only allows so much room to pivot the boom arm up before it binds. Here is the section I am talking about:

I don't have a quick hitch. Not sure if that would make much difference with this issue.

Thanks for the reply.

David

Attachments

• toplink.jpg
    toplink.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 241
   / TSC Post Hole Digger and BX2660...issue #10  
AHH I know what you mean now. Due to fact that the toplink must mount to a high point on the PHD, thats why the toplink goes higher, higher the tractor frame. Getting a quick hitch will solve your tractor end of the issue. Do you have harbor freight near you? If so, you can go and get one with a 20 percent coupon for less then $100.