Loader Angle of left and right skid steer plate

/ Angle of left and right skid steer plate #1  

reprosser

I have Kubota 3240 with skid steer FEL.

I went to swap out the grapple and the bucket yesterday, and found that the left skid plate is at a different angle than the right. (The hydraulic piston is out further on one, than the other.)

Is there a way to balance the pistons, or otherwise line up the plates? I cannot mount the bucket because the right plate is pushing forward as the left plate is hooking the bucket lip.

What causes this to happen? The FEL does not look bent or anything.:confused:

/ Angle of left and right skid steer plate #2  
I have Kubota 3240 with skid steer FEL.

I went to swap out the grapple and the bucket yesterday, and found that the left skid plate is at a different angle than the right. (The hydraulic piston is out further on one, than the other.)

Is there a way to balance the pistons, or otherwise line up the plates? I cannot mount the bucket because the right plate is pushing forward as the left plate is hooking the bucket lip.

What causes this to happen? The FEL does not look bent or anything.:confused:

There have been other threads about this on TBN. I believe most were grapple users to. Apparently the Kubota Q/A design is somewhat week and can get torqued out of shape if one side of an attachment is not connected well (pin not fully engaged etc.) to the Q/A attachement. Basically the part of the Q/A on the loader that connects the two haves of the plates twists so the two sides are no longer parallel. It needs to be twisted back or replaced.

/ Angle of left and right skid steer plate
So, it's not a matter of adjusting the hydraulics - but twisting the FEL part that connects the skid plates?

I did a search, but did not have any luck. What should I use for keywords?

The grapple fit is a bit loose, and the wife said it has come disconnected on one side with her before.

/ Angle of left and right skid steer plate #4  
So, it's not a matter of adjusting the hydraulics - but twisting the FEL part that connects the skid plates?

The grapple fit is a bit loose, and the wife said it has come disconnected on one side with her before.

Yes, the actual part (torque tube which connects the two halves) needs to be twisted back.

Here is a good thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng/150249-front-end-loader-out-alignment.html

/ Angle of left and right skid steer plate #6  

Markham stuff does not fit the Kubota QA properly. Kubota puts a rebated top edge on the QA and on mine it took a 1/2 x 2 flat bar welded to the bucket for proper fit.

If you look at your bucket mounted and then the Markham you can see where the QA has no top contact with the implement.

In other words, Markham uses a frame system as opposed to a flat plate.

I spoke to them a couple years back and the reply was something to the effect that they build a standard product and Kubota does not. To me that meant they did not care that it did not fit.