Up on two wheels....no more!!

/ Up on two wheels....no more!! #1  

PaulB

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B1700 HST
In case anybody missed my long post on how NOT to use a rotary mower ("Up on two wheels...need new underwear"), it makes entertaining reading, so you might want to search for it. For those who read the thread, and especially those who offered help (lots of you), I have the problem fixed. The problem was the linkage "jackknifing" in a vertical plane, and the solution, as suggested by many, was to replace my toplink with a chain. I mowed the same dreaded hill yesterday, using the chain, and had not one problem. That tip, and my tiltmeter, are the two best things I have ever learned about my tractor, by far. Thanks again.

/ Up on two wheels....no more!! #2  
Aw shucks, PaulB, that takes all the fun and excitement out of it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Up on two wheels....no more!! #3  
Paul,
Glad you got the problem solve and everything went /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif when mowing yesterday.
Now with winter coming to central New York,are you ready for the thrills of your FEL on ice. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I hope you don't lose anymore gear oil as they call it. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif