Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud?

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #1  

Shiner Jessie

Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC
My dealer told me it was best to use Kubota trans hydro fluid instead of Universal. Anyone have experience with both on a Kubota L4240? Needless to say the Bota fluid is more expensive, question is it worth it?

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #2  
My dealer told me it was best to use Kubota trans hydro fluid instead of Universal. Anyone have experience with both on a Kubota L4240? Needless to say the Bota fluid is more expensive, question is it worth it?

90% of the guys here will tell you Super UDT is worth it. It really is a premium product. Regular UDT? not quite as strong of opinions it seems on that. It's awful to fill 'er up with generic and then have whine, foam, slow acting hydraulic functions and the like. Shrug?? You asked.:)

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud?
Yes, I do agree. Want her purrrring like a kitten.
Thanks very much.

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #4  
SUDT if its a HST

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #5  
90% of the guys here will tell you Super UDT is worth it. It really is a premium product. Regular UDT? not quite as strong of opinions it seems on that. It's awful to fill 'er up with generic and then have whine, foam, slow acting hydraulic functions and the like. Shrug?? You asked.:)

SUDT if its a HST

I'm in agreement with these two fine fellows and their opinions on this.

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #6  
I'm in agreement with these two fine fellows and their opinions on this.

What does Kubota use in new tractors? UDT or SUDT?

Thanx in advance

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #7  
What does Kubota use in new tractors? UDT or SUDT?

Thanx in advance

My understanding, it's almost always SUDT. The exceptions are probably in the very warm states.

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #8  
My question is why do all of you feel this way besides marketing?

MarkV

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #9  
Mark, it isn't marketing in my case. I don't blindly use Kubota oil. I don't believe Kubota oil filters, (made in China) are anything special either. I am no zombie.

With that for my disclaimer, I am 100% Kubota HST fluid and filter user, not so much because I don't believe anyone couldn't make as good a filter, it's just that no one does. It's a niche market and Kubota puts a magnet in their filters for my BX, I do believe. Cannot replicate that.

As for the SUDT, I would love to use someone else's at half the price. Cannot. I own a BX and they are fuss budgets about their HST fluid. When I installed my FEL, I topped off my fluid with TSC's premium fluid, just about 2 quarts. i immediately got whine, whine and more whine. I got jerky hydraulic operation too. Drained it ALL out and re-filled with sudt. Yup, expensive, although my dealer does give me 10% off. At least I'm good to go for another few years. :)

Immediately, all systems returned to "normal". This is my story. Plain and simple. Many others here on TBN have reported very similar results. Maybe on the L series, these issues aren't apparent. I only know what I know about my BX experience.

/ Kubota Trans/Hydrolic fluid or Universal trans/hydrolic fliud? #10  
Bp it seemed to make a difference in your case and that would be enough to make me a believer also. As I understand though, most all oil comes out of the same pipe and the additives that manufactures add is what makes their produce unique. Why is UDT or SUDT so unique?

MarkV