to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #1  

grandv8

Ok I am not sure there is still a demand for these tires, but I had a heck of a time finding them, I have a b7100 which was shod with the turf wheels. I needed much more traction than they offered. I live on a hill and have loads of dirt (mud) and even more snow in the winter. So I found the flotation ags in a 29x12.5-15 and installed them on the rear, these are not to hard to find. I got mine of Tires-easy. they are the carlisle Tru-power Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company
.... Then off to the front dilemma, I searched long and hard. Turfs or even trailer tires were not hard to locate but the tread patterns were not aggressive enough for my use.
Well I found a set of hdap tires to meet my needs, (heavy duty all purpose tires) these aren't usually rated for the weight but I found a set of heavy duty ones. Most here were buying the Firestone Turf and Field G-2 for front use which are now impossible to find except through dealers and even then. They said I would have to wait 60 days and they where 150 each. They weight rated at 875-925 per tire.
Firestone Agricultural Tire Division : Tire Details
I was just about to give up and get these when I came across the Carlisle All Trail's
Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company
To me they are more aggressive than the Turf and fields, also the carlisle all trails are supposed to be great in snow and ice conditions winter will tell that one. They have a 4 ply construction and are weight rated at 1160 lbs !!!!!!! now as for the size, its intimidating, they are 20x10-10 these will fit gents. In fact they are skinnier than the 20.5x8-10 trailer tires I pulled off. If you look in specs on them they say they measure 20.1 x 8.9 but I found them to be thinner yet than that once mounted. They fit perfect I have run them for two weeks now including loading the FEL heavy they take the weight easy and I enjoy the extra traction. Also They only cost 53 each and I was able to get them from tires easy also. I just thought I would let everyone who is looking for this elusive size know what I did. I know the search helped me find the turf and fields so hopefully this will help someone else out.......

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #2  
Hello and thanks for the info.

I have two B7100's one old style with loader and turfs the other non-loader with ags. Wish it was reversed but front hubs are different. (does anyone know if I could get 6 lug hubs to change the older model?). I'm going to need front tires soon on the one with turfs and have a set of new trailer tires I was going to put on but think I will try your idea for the fronts.

Have you tried rolling it on concrete in neutral in two wheel drive and then again in 4 wheel drive to see if there is much difference or resistance?

Would like to put the floation ags on the rear like you did but don't like the idea of having six extra turf rear tires sitting around. Dan

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #3  
Do you have any binding issues with this combo? I am in the exact same situation as you. I have a B7100 HST-D with turf tires and need ag tires.

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #4  
Great info, thanks! I will need front tires inside a year and you are right. It is hard to find this size.

THANKS!

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #7  
bikerdib, I read your post and that sucks.

You said you thought about putting R1's on. Does that mean you would have to get different rims?

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #8  
Yes, you have to get different rims to go to R1s. My dealer has a supplier that has the wheels & tires for just a slightly higher price as tires alone. That's probably the way I'm going to go.

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #9  
My dealer sucks!

Can you give me the part numbers that I would need to get this setup.

I need ag tires bad! I have a b7100 hst with the factor turf tires and they are shot!

Thanks

/ to those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires #10  
The ones I'm referring to from my dealer are aftermarket wheels. I might go by there today to see what my total cost will be. I'll try to get the manufacturer name.