Oil & Fuel Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!!

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #1  

KyDiesel44

My uncle bought a Kubota M105s new about 3 years ago. Its a great running tractor and everything works normally, but after running if for a while the hydraulic oil gets extremely hot. So hot that you can barely touch the remote ends when unhooking or hooking up the hydraulics, and the floor of the tractor gets really hot too. There seem to be no other issues other than the hydraulic oil getting abnormally warm. The tractor is out of warranty so I figured it would be worth a shot to make a post and see if there were some common problems that we should know about before taking it to the dealer. Being out of warranty Im sure it would cost a fortune to have them fix it.

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #2  
I would try the easy things first. Blow out the Hyd oil cooler. Change the Hyd oil and filters.

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #3  
So hot that you can barely touch the remote ends when unhooking or hooking up the hydraulics

That is normal... your hydraulic oil will easily get 100 degrees hotter than ambient temp... If you are really working hydraulics hard in the heat of summer you will top 200 degree oil. Too hot to touch. KennyV

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #5  
Ky,

Keeny is spot on about oil temperature running 100 degrees over ambient. You can read it fairly accurately with a hand held termperature gun if you have access to one.

I would be sure the oil cooler is completely cleaned with air and see if that makes any good change.

I also would have the dealer verify that the oil cooler bypass valve is set to spec and not stuck open - allowing hot fluid to bypass the cooler. If you have the gun as above, check the inlet and outlet hoses on the cooler - you should see about a 40 degree difference at least.

Good luck - let us know what you find out.

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #6  
My M4900 gets that way too. It's done it from day one.

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #7  
It is quite normal for these modern tractors to run hot hydraulic oil. High pressures and high flow generate a lot of heat.

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #8  
kydiesel,

ditto on the hot kubotas,

my new B2320 when it had 10 hrs (has 28 now) the oil was very hot in just a few hours while using BH....spooked me at first but did some calling and Kubota said 150 - 170 is normal......using IR Temp gun witnessed 155 at the DCV(which I thought was way too much heat).....but works great....I'm just going to monitor it while working hard.....:confused2:

/ Kubota M105s, Hydraulic Oil HOT!! #9  
My M85 does the same.
What type of implements are you running ?

E/S