Exhause hose - repost

/ Exhause hose - repost #1  

apcaruso

Tractor
Kubota B7500
Hi,

Sorry, I also put this in buying a Kubota by mistake.

I recently took delivery of a new B7500 /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I am storing it in my walk out basement, and am looking for an exhaust hose similar to what auto repair garages use in the winter to vent engine exhaust out of the garage. I looked out on the web but could only find exhaust hoses that were rather large (and expensive!!) . Does anyone know of a vender for such a hose, or possibly a home-made solution? It will be in use only briefly to vent the exhaust from the tractor out the doorway during the periods between start-up and when I drive it out; I will let the tractor fully warm up once outside.

Thanks,
AC

AC

/ Exhause hose - repost #2  
AC,
Any good auto supply store should have what they call flex tailpipe. It usually comes 1 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter and they can cut off the lenght that you need. If not there, try a truck repair shop as most of the 18 wheelers have a flex pipe connection to the stacks.
Good luck
Dale

/ Exhause hose - repost #3  
Might try a builders supply also, look for the flexible gutter hose, and or sewer drain hose, both would serve amply well, and be readily available in bulk length.

/ Exhause hose - repost #4  
I agree, Scruffy. I'd probably check with Home Depot, Lowe's, or something similar.

Bird

/ Exhause hose - repost #5  
Anthony,
Congratulation on your new B7500. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Just about any auto parts dealer should beable to help you out,or try a HVAC dealer.

Ahhh a nice surprise another granite stater join the board,/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifand if enough of us New Hampshire tractor owners register on the board,we might beable to catch Texas register tractor owners. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

What part of New Hampshire do you live?
I live in Lebanon./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Exhause hose - repost #6  
You might want to try McMaster-Carr in Chicago there sales number is 1-630-833-0300 you would want the interlocking metal hose it comes in 1/2" to 2 3/8" i.d. in 1/8" increments and runs from $0.36 to $1.29 per foot. Its good to 450 deg's

/ Exhause hose - repost
Thomas,

I am in southern New Hampshire; specifically Salem.

Thank you all for your replies.

AC

/ Exhause hose - repost #8  
I think you want a good solution, because you may be tempted to work on the tractor and run it for more than brief periods. If I understand, you want to slip a flex hose over the exhaust pipe and run it outside. I don't think flex exhaust hose is flexible enough for that purpose. The flexible hose for my sump pump has enough diameter and flexibility, but I don't know how it, or any other plastic pipe, would react to the heat.

The large diameter pipe used in garages also is a good idea. Since the hose isn't sealed on the tailpipe, exhaust would just come out the front of the hose if significant back pressure is present. A small diameter hose is going to produce back pressure. In addition, don't forget that these garages also have room ventilation systems. They don't depend on just the hoses.

You might want to think about putting in a blower/duct type of ventilation system. Keep in mind that there's going to be significant fuel storage right under the house, and temptations to use solvents etc. to clean parts. The real question is whether the 'storage' idea evolves into a 'shop' idea. I know the blower idea is neither cheap nor homemade, but you don't want to become one of the statistics who gas, burn or blow themselves up.