B2150 cruise control won’t engage

/ B2150 cruise control won’t engage #1  

buzst

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HSD
The manual for my b2150 says that to engage cruise control you stay in low or mid range, move the small lever below the steering wheel to “on”, have the machine traveling at the desired speed, then engage the cruise with the long lever to the left of the steering wheel. When I try this the long lever will not move, so cruise will not engage. What I can do to engage cruise is with the small lever in the “off” position, get to speed, move the long lever into position, then move the small lever to “on”. To turn cruise off I have to reverse this process because pressing the two brake pedals will not cause it to disengage. This seems overly complicated, dangerous, and is not consistent with the manual. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or what I could be doing wrong?

/ B2150 cruise control won’t engage #2  
Interesting Post.

I never read my B2150 owner's manual prior to trying out the cruise control to see if it worked. This is because when I first bought my tractor (used) I didn't have an owner's manual. Since I didn't find it very useful, I haven't played with the cruise control since I bought the owner's manual.

I have taken tomorrow (Wednesday) off from work and plan to use the tractor some if I get time. If so, I'll experiment with the cruise control and let you know what I find out.

Kelvin

/ B2150 cruise control won’t engage #3  
When I had my B2150 my cruise needed to be lubricted and worked as it would get hard to use after not being used for a long time. This may not be your case but you might try lubricating everything real well and working the levers and see what happens when you try to use it the way the manual says.

/ B2150 cruise control won’t engage
Brad, Thanks for the reply. What/where did you lube? most of the linkage seems to be internal and there are no visible zerks. I tried some wd40 on everything I could see, but no luck. Thanks

/ B2150 cruise control won’t engage #5  
That was a few years ago so I can't really remember but I do know that there were no zerks. The dealer and I just lubed with oil just about everywhere we could and then moved all the levers. The little lever down on the right side was the one that gave me most of the problem. I would think WD-40 should handle it.