Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #1  

bitseeker

Silver Member
Tractor
GL5240
I am going to buy a quick-change, bolt-on tooth bar for the Kubota L2283 Standard, square-back 72" Bucket on an L5240.

There are many manufacturers and I know nothing about tooth bars. Please recommend the type of bar, manufacturer, and supplier that you have liked and warn me off of the problems.

My main use will be digging and moving compacted dirt that contains rocks to form a level pad.

Thanks

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #2  
I am going to buy a quick-change, bolt-on tooth bar for the Kubota L2283 Standard, square-back 72" Bucket on an L5240.

There are many manufacturers and I know nothing about tooth bars. Please recommend the type of bar, manufacturer, and supplier that you have liked and warn me off of the problems.

My main use will be digging and moving compacted dirt that contains rocks to form a level pad.

Thanks

I've got a WR Long bolt on tooth bar for my BX. Well made, easy to install, works as advertised. Only issue is that you need to order through a dealer and some of the dealers don't realise they are dealers! (Dealer list is on the web site.) Also took longer to deliver than I was told but only by a few days. If I remmeber rightly, it took 10 days to get it. I believe they build it after it's ordered.

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #3  

Thanks
everyone seems to think Markham Welding is the one to buy, they have a website and make a quality product =custom made for your tractor-check it out

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #4  
Markham is the way to go.
I have bought several over the years for various tractors, never had a problem yet.
In fact I just bought another one 2 weeks ago for a bx24.
They now call themselves gator products or something like that, but I found them by searching for markham welding and it came right up.

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #5  
Does Kubota not offer tines for this bucket? I didn't see it as an option under "build my kubota" on their website, so I don't know. Did you check the dealer?

I was able to buy a tine kit for my bucket, but I didn't get a Grand L.

/ Tooth Bar recommendations - GL5240 - LA854 - L2283 Standard Bucket #6  
I haven't got my 4240 yet but this was something I knew I would want. I haven't done much looking yet but I do know I would like one that uses the standard replaceable tooth (forged or cast) used by most equipment vs the ones that look like they are made from steel welded together. I think Markham says there tooth bar will not work with a bucket with a replaceable edge.

Last edited: