hydro problem?

/ hydro problem? #1  

roadhouse

:confused:looking for some input here. i have a b3300 with about 14 hours on it and seems like the hst has goten a lot louder. im not sure if this is normal or if its in my head or if there is something wrong. it also seems like it has gotten jerkier on the pedal(when accellerating it will have a hard hit of speed). the jerkiness is more noticable in high. thanks for any input, john

/ hydro problem? #2  
:confused:looking for some input here. i have a b3300 with about 14 hours on it and seems like the hst has goten a lot louder. im not sure if this is normal or if its in my head or if there is something wrong. it also seems like it has gotten jerkier on the pedal(when accellerating it will have a hard hit of speed). the jerkiness is more noticable in high. thanks for any input, john

That sounds unusual to me...
is the fluid level ok?
and leaks?

J

/ hydro problem?
no leaks and plenty of fluid, the fluid seemed very clean. it seems like the pump is going to me, but i dont know that much about the system yet. can anyone explain a little on how the hst tranny works.

/ hydro problem?
wondering if i worked it a little hard before breaking in.

/ hydro problem? #5  
When quite warm, as in you are using the FEL, or working it good; stop, and quickly check that fluid. Does it have any foam? Air bubbles?

Check this out at operational temps. This is a very important diagnostic step.

Not likely a "break-in" issue. I seriously doubt your merely using it could do anything.

/ hydro problem? #6  
Check the hydraulic suction line for leaks. it can suck air and cause the same issues that you describe. The hydraulic suction/return line is low pressure and is usually connected with spring clamps. I would replace them with a better hose clamp and try it.

/ hydro problem?
it pretty much does all the time. what would the air bubbles or foam mean?

/ hydro problem?
so the niose could be the pump pushing air?

/ hydro problem? #9  
It is not uncommon for these things to have a fitting or line leak somewhere. Air causes the bubbles and it is a very bad thing.

It creates jerkiness and noise. It is quite possible. If you find foam or bubbles, you may need to have your tractor checked by your dealer, as it is under warranty. I was fortunate to find my own leak, a finger loose fitting, but sometimes it isn't as easy to find.

/ hydro problem? #10  
If you are sucking air into the pump suction then it is mixing into the oil. If I have HST issues I would check the fluid level, look for leaks and look for loose or cracked suction hoses or lines. Air in the fluid can cause erratic operation. I would also look at the fluid after it sits for a day or so and see if it looks milky. Milky oil after it sits for a day or 2 could mean moisture in the fluid(not likely at such low hours).