Backhoe Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #1  

PoorDaddy

Tractor
Kubota B7100, gear drive
I recently bought an older B7100 with a Kubota backhoe. The backhoe is model #629. It has a full 15" bucket and it is too much bucket for that little hoe. Anybody out there have any suggestions where to find a narrower bucket that would work on my hoe? 8" or 10" would be great, but even a 12" would be better than what I've got now. Wondering if a Bradco bucket would fit? Thanks ahead of time.

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #2  
I don't think you'll find one you should just sell that backhoe.......um I will buy it..:D Seriously I don't know where you could find one, the b7100 is a solid tractor and I sure wish I had a backhoe on mine

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #3  
You obviously don't do any welding? If it were me, I'd cut the bucket down (unless the brackets won't let you but I doubt that, it might just be a little more work). How about going to a local welding shop and have them do it. I'd think that would still be cheaper than a new bucket and much easier to accomplish since your tractor is an older model (I used to own a 7100, great little tractors).

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #4  
I thought I had the brochure for that loader but turns out it's for the M-670 Backhoe for the first 7100 models (1983). They list bucket widths of 9",13",16". I wouldn't be suprised if some new buckets may be sitting somewhere and wish you luck. They list part numbers of the buckets of B671, B672, and B673. Might be the same buckets for your backhoe.

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #5  
For a good while Woods made backhoe buckets for Kubota. Might be worth a try.

MarkV

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket
MarkV - I submitted an online request to Woods.....no bucket.
Capt Dan - Thats my thought too. I'm sure there are a hundred of them sitting around somewhere and this forum reaches alot of folks, so maybe?
bikerdib - I'm more of a wood butcher. I've never welded anything in my long and happy life, but if worse comes to worst, I'll take that bucket in and have a real welder narrow it for me.
GrandV8 - LOL! Buy my tired little hoe? You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands! It really is a great little tractor and more fun than I deserve.

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #7  
I don't know your soil type but 8 and 10" buckets can be a real problem if you have much clay. Tends to stick in narrow buckets and is hard to clear.

MarkV

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #8  
Poordaddy; I understand completely about not working with metal. I'm kinda the same way when it comes to wood. Like they say, if you cut metal too short you weld it back together and then re-cut. Can't do that with wood. Never been a woodpecker (that's what we iron workers called carpenters) although I've been called a peckerwood by a few carpenters...LOL.

I did build my own camphouse in the woods however. Finished the interior completely in cedar. I must say, I'm quite proud of it. Everyone I've shown it to couldn't believe I did the work myself (come to think of it, maybe I should be offended by that???!!!).

Just keep in mind, if you don't find a bucket; yours could be modified by a welder.

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #9  
I'd second the idea of cutting down the bucket. There has to be a guy in town that does light fabrication work - maybe even work out a trade where you do some digging for him.

/ Older Kubota B7100/629 backhoe bucket #10  
I have the same hoe and I cut and narrowed mine no problem. I wouldn't part with my backhoe for anything, it is so handy.