Mowing Mower rebuild, advice needed.

/ Mower rebuild, advice needed. #1  

onowino

Tractor
Kubota B6100D
Hi everyone. Just a newbie with a question or two and hoping someone here can give me some information/advice. I am the happy new owner of an old Kubota B6100D, but the only implement I have is a belly mower, hence my questions. How do I tell the difference between a MR 4800 mower and a B3048 mower and could my mower be something else altogether? It's raised by the 3pth and belt driven off the rear PTO. I know that both the mentioned mowers fit the B6100, but there may be more (?).

That was my request for information, now the request for advice. The belly mower will get in the way, if I ever have other future implements. An fel, needs a mower prohibitive subframe and the mower would just be in the way for any tow behind attachments, such as plow, grader, snowblower, or whatever. Removing and reinstalling the mower is not feasible for anything other than once a year, so I would have only one use for the tractor all summer.

Is it possible to rebuild my belly mower into a rear mount, 3pth supported, PTO driven mower? Have any of you ever done or seen such a thing and if so, can you send/post any available pictures and information on the project or any websites where I can find this information? I only have rudimentary welding skills, but being an owner of an old tractor, I will be honing them to the best of my abilities.

I don't know if the project is possible, feasible, or perhaps, just too damned dangerous. I know a lot of you are probably the adventurous type and have done some unethical/impractical things when it comes to tractors, so I'm hoping you can help.

Sorry I was so long winded, just wanted to get my thoughts across. Thank you.

/ Mower rebuild, advice needed. #2  
Hi everyone. Just a newbie with a question or two and hoping someone here can give me some information/advice. I am the happy new owner of an old Kubota B6100D, but the only implement I have is a belly mower, hence my questions. How do I tell the difference between a MR 4800 mower and a B3048 mower and could my mower be something else altogether? It's raised by the 3pth and belt driven off the rear PTO. I know that both the mentioned mowers fit the B6100, but there may be more (?).

That was my request for information, now the request for advice. The belly mower will get in the way, if I ever have other future implements. An fel, needs a mower prohibitive subframe and the mower would just be in the way for any tow behind attachments, such as plow, grader, snowblower, or whatever. Removing and reinstalling the mower is not feasible for anything other than once a year, so I would have only one use for the tractor all summer.

Is it possible to rebuild my belly mower into a rear mount, 3pth supported, PTO driven mower? Have any of you ever done or seen such a thing and if so, can you send/post any available pictures and information on the project or any websites where I can find this information? I only have rudimentary welding skills, but being an owner of an old tractor, I will be honing them to the best of my abilities.

I don't know if the project is possible, feasible, or perhaps, just too damned dangerous. I know a lot of you are probably the adventurous type and have done some unethical/impractical things when it comes to tractors, so I'm hoping you can help.

Sorry I was so long winded, just wanted to get my thoughts across. Thank you.

The MR-4800 is a mid mount that runs off of the mid mount PTO. This would leave the rear PTO and the 3ph open and available. The Mr4800 also has a clip on each side that will hold the deck up out of the way while the 3ph is operated. Caution will be needed beacouse the blades will still operate unless you pull the pto shaft.

/ Mower rebuild, advice needed.
Thanks whynotby1, so I guess that removes the MR 4800 from my question, since my mower is belt driven off the rear PTO. Now I still have the same problem, but with a smaller model range. I guess my best bet is to do the best I can with what I have, regardless of the model number. Again, thanks.
Fred