What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch?

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #1  

MoreCowbell

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Hello. I just bought my first tractor (leftover BX2350) so I am a newbie at all this. The 3 pt hitch has two bosses on either side of the 3 pt hitch - on the frame near the top of each lift arm (see red arrow in the attached photo). I thought maybe you can attach the lift arms to them but they do not swing out that far. They are not referenced in the manual. Does anyone know what they are? Thanks!

Attachments

• Hitch Boss.JPG
    Hitch Boss.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,664
   / What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #2  
I saw them on my 2350 as well. I just figured they were tie downs when it was shipped?

Enjoy it! Mine has been great. It's smoother and a bit more fuel efficient than my 2230 was.

Gotta love your screen name too!

:)

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #3  
I thought maybe you can attach the lift arms to them but they do not swing out that far. They are not referenced in the manual. Does anyone know what they are? Thanks!

That's what they are for, when mowing with the MMM, this keeps the TPH arms from going up and down with the mower and keeps them raised so they won't dig in if you back up with the mower lowered. might have to loosen your turnbuckles to get them wide enough and it's still tight.

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #4  
That's what they are for, when mowing with the MMM, this keeps the TPH arms from going up and down with the mower and keeps them raised so they won't dig in if you back up with the mower lowered. might have to loosen your turnbuckles to get them wide enough and it's still tight.

Yep, that's what my Manual says, but I never have used them for znything other than a tie-down point.

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #5  
I agree with Milkman and TripleR. they are called out for holding three point in the manual. They are also handy for holding the retaining clips for the lower arms of the three point when there are no attachment in place.

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #6  
Yep, that's what my Manual says, but I never have used them for znything other than a tie-down point.

:laughing: same here. I havent really used it for holding 3pt up when needing to use MMM. For some reason my common sense says drop the 3 pt implement when mowing. Only time I really use those holes is for tiedowns. :rolleyes:

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch?
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for all the replies!

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #8  
Hot dang. I never noticed those. I'm always looking back when I lower my MMM, to make sure the 3PH tow bar isn't too close to the ground...

Thanks.

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #9  
I read in another post that they could be used to chain up a heavy implement when you're traveling 'over the road' as a safety measure, and to eliminate the load on the 3PH hydraulics.

/ What is this on my BX2350 3 pt hitch? #10  

Yup.:thumbsup: