Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #12  
When I change my filter and fluid at 50 hours I had shiny particles on the magnet and also in the fluid, at the 200 hour change I did not see any shiny particle in the fluid or on the magnet. That 50 hour change is important.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #13  
I had a lot of metal filings on the magnet on my first oil change on my L4400. I had bought a replacement filter to use but it had no magnet. After I saw the filings, I returned the replacement filter and bought a genuine Kubota filter and will continue to do so.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #14  
Hmmm...the magnet on the original Kubota filter is supposed to be cleaned and reusable. My new Kubota filters didn't have a new magnet either.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #15  
Hmmm...the magnet on the original Kubota filter is supposed to be cleaned and reusable. My new Kubota filters didn't have a new magnet either.

Is the magnet right on the end of the filter? Are you supposed to clean it and move it to the new filter? Thanks, Brian

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #16  
My new filter came with the magnet already in place, although the old one could have been removed, cleaned, and installed on the new filter.

I seem to remember there are two part numbers for the hydraulic filter, it's possible that one of those comes without the magnet.

Sean

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #17  
Is the magnet right on the end of the filter? Are you supposed to clean it and move it to the new filter? Thanks, Brian

The magnet is round and fits inside the rim of the filter where it contacts the seat. It is right by the gasket. It is also easy to overlook since it looks like part of the filter.

Yes, it is supposed to be cleaned and put it in the new filter. It is very easy to miss or forget. I'll never tell how I know that.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #18  
The new Kubota filter comes with a new magnet on it. As the HST Kubota has two hydraulic filters and only one has a magnet, do not confuse the hydraulic filter with the HST hydraulic filter.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #19  
The new Kubota filter comes with a new magnet on it. As the HST Kubota has two hydraulic filters and only one has a magnet, do not confuse the hydraulic filter with the HST hydraulic filter.
That has not been my experience with the M7040 filters. There are two hydraulic filters and both have a magnet. New Kubota branded filters do not have new magnets included in the box.

The L48 trans filer does not have a magnet and neither do the two hydralulic filters.

The BX2200 does not have a magnet either.

The L3650 was magnet-less as well.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #20  
That has not been my experience with the M7040 filters. There are two hydraulic filters and both have a magnet. New Kubota branded filters do not have new magnets included in the box.

The L48 trans filer does not have a magnet and neither do the two hydralulic filters.

The BX2200 does not have a magnet either.

The L3650 was magnet-less as well.

The very fine hydraulic filters will capture everything that a magnet can. My L48 had a magnet on the original filter and not on the replacement filter. No reason you could not simply put it on the new filter after cleaning it up.