Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660?

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660? #11  
I have the opposite problem (more pasture than lawn) and went with the B2320 for the power and ground clearance. I have used it on the lawn with a rear rotary mower (and filled R4 tires), and it is hard on the turf. Just no other way to put it... everywhere I turn, it dents earth. There is sloped landscaping and while the power is more than adequate, you can tell wherever it's been. I don't have a MMM so no comments there.

The house came with the little X300 JD, and it is a much better around-the-house mower. It is lighter, more agile, and the mower offers much better height controls.

The problem was trying to mow 2 acres of weeds and clover... it took for-ev-er with the little mower, which was reduced to crawl speeds and occasionally stalled out. The B2320 makes short work of the tallest grass and is a powerhouse by comparison. Add the FEL and other attachments, and it is the true beast of burden on the bulk of the property.

I guess I am lucky to have what I consider best of both worlds for my circumstances, if luck includes making the payments.

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660? #12  
I mow approx. 1 acre+ with my BX23 54" MMM...Does a fantastic job...Also I'm using turf tires...I don't have the acreage you're going to work, but for my applications, the BX has been a blessing...Good luck.

Don

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660?
Thanks guys. I think the BX will be plenty of tractor for what I need it for.

Later I'll have to decide between 2360 and 2660. Don't mind this kind of research. :)

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660? #14  
Thanks guys. I think the BX will be plenty of tractor for what I need it for.

Later I'll have to decide between 2360 and 2660. Don't mind this kind of research. :)

Nope that kind of research ain't a bad way to spend your time. I went with the BX2660 because of the comfort factor. My wife uses it as much as I do and once we sat on both, there was really no question.

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660? #15  
......... The B requires the clutch to be disengaged to start the PTO (can stop PTO without the clutch, but I wouldn't recommend it) and as a result, you have to come to a complete stop to do it.....

This is why I like this forum; important information from those
who have seen a machine .:thumbsup:
There's never this sort of detail in the Kubota Site Pdfs :mur:

/ Mowing differences between B2320 and BX2360/2660? #16  
Well, I have been tempted many times to put a mower deck on my B2620, but I keep coming back to the same issues.
It is less manuverable than what I am using now, and more is better.
It takes a larger mower deck to protrude from the sides of the tractor for trimming, and I have many tight places.
The tractor is rougher on the yard than any ZTR, or lawn / garden tractor.
Still, my yard is kind of converted cow pasture with many huge rocks just protruding enough to be a bother, and "lawn tractors" front end components don't last more than a couple of years here, and I replaced them 3 times in 1400 hrs on a low end Simplicity "garden tractor".