BX electrical problems

/ BX electrical problems #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone else had problems with the head and tail lights on there BX 1800/2200. Both me and my neighbor have no power to the lights with the switch on. There is power comeing from the switch and to everything else. I checked the ground connections from the lights and they are good.

/ BX electrical problems #2  
I have a B7500 and had a similiar problem with the rear flashers. Found that the wire to the left flasher was under the left rear fender was torn loose from its crimped splice. I just recrimped it with a new splice and everything is fine. Good luck with your problem!!

/ BX electrical problems #3  
You mentioned that you have voltage out of the switch. Are you sure and did you measure it? If there is definitely voltage out of the switched side(12v) then you probably have an open in the wiring from the switch to the lamps(which may include distribution connector/s).
If there is not 12v on the switched side, then check the hot side of the switch. Is there voltage (12v) on the hot(non switched) side? If not, check at the distribution block for a wire that has either opened up or isn't connected.
If there is voltage on the hot side of the switch but none on the switched side, you have a faulty switch.
Basically what you want to accomplish here is to see where the 12v is missing. Once you have it missing in one section but good in the previous section (working back toward the battery) then the problem is between those 2 points.
I hope that helps in the troubleshooting.

Bob

/ BX electrical problems #4  
Ckeck under right rear fender for wires. disconnect one wire at a time and reconnect. you may have a bad connection. Did this to mine and lights work fine now.

/ BX electrical problems #5  
I had a bad blinker switch on my BX. Had dealer replace switch and I had lights.