Thoughts on the gearmore mower

/ Thoughts on the gearmore mower #1  

4t9ers

Hey guys,
I got the b2920 tractor and the gearmoore 48 mower l-48-xb-z. Can I get some thoughts on the mower as far as quality and if it is the one I should have got. I have not tried it let and no problem going to another. when they dropped it off it had several chips out of the paint and was told this happens when shipping is this correct? I'm also looking for a box scrapper and would like to get some thoughts on what I should get and prices. Thanks for the help.

Jim

/ Thoughts on the gearmore mower #2  
It looks just like the one I got with my B2320.

They are fine for my little pasture and wild areas. They are not really for superfine turf around the house.

Tighten the heck out of the bolts on the runners for the two rear wheels. They can pull out if not secure (that's how mine was delivered).

I did lose some clevis pins. If you have bumpy terrain, you might want to secure the little pins to the bolt pins with wire.

Because my tractor was new and I am a total newb, I was babying it a long at low rpms at first. This causes the mower to run too slowly, and do a poor job of cutting. Once I started running at the proper PTO speed with the mower at 540, it did way better. Duh.

I did several acres of neck high weeds for a neighbor and it worked great through that. It does not do as well with large piles of gravel concealed in weeds. It makes a sound like a chain gun and rips up the blades. I am not sure any other brand would do better in that situation :( .