Rear Work Light For L3240

/ Rear Work Light For L3240 #1  

kcender

Platinum Member
Tractor
GR2120 B2650 Cab
I bought a new Grand L 3240 a few months ago and was thinking about putting a rear work light on it.I was wondering if anybody knows where the electrical plug in is for this .I am guessing that it is taped up in the wiring harness somewhere but I am not sure where to look.Any help would be appreciated.I am thinking of using an HID light.It is my understanding that they are a lot brighter than other types of lights and use less power which would be easier on the alternator.They also seem to be quite a bit more money but I haven't seriously tried to get the best deal on one yet.Just wondering what people think of these lights and are they worth the cost.Thanks.

/ Rear Work Light For L3240 #2  
Look under the seat. There are 3 connectors you can use to connect worklights. That's what I did on my L3540. I used one for the back light and added 2 others pointing ahead when working with the FEL.
Be carefull not to go over the fuse limit.

/ Rear Work Light For L3240
Thanks Quebeker,I'll have a look tomorrow.

/ Rear Work Light For L3240 #4  
Mine were under the fenders on the 3400, there were two "bullet connectors", a black one for ground and a yellow with red fleck for positive. There was a 10 amp fuse already in the "work light" space on the fuse panel.

I added a switch on the dash and used the under fender connections for the work light, a 55w halogen from Parts For Trucks. About $25 for the light if I remember correctly.

So far it seems to work fine.

Sean