L4200 Jumping out of gear

/ L4200 Jumping out of gear #1  

mopargocar

Tractor
1994 Kabota L4200 4X4
My dad has a 94 or 95 Kabota L4200 4X4 that under a "light" load jumps out of gear. I am the second owner and it has just over 500 hours on it. Under the seat (between your legs when operating) someone has cut the metal to have easy access to what seems to be a possible adjustment of some sort? Not sure where to begin. Fluid levels look good.

This is my first post and I thank anyone who reads it.

Ricky

/ L4200 Jumping out of gear #2  
Ricky...
Can you post a picture showing this access hole that has been added?
I have a L4200 GSTC 1998 with twice the hours and have never ever had any transmission problems...KennyV

/ L4200 Jumping out of gear
Yes I will try and get that up in the next day. A friend of mine called a local Kubota shop and was told the tranny's are pretty much bullet proof. He stated to look for a type of suction filter and replace or clean it. (We have the manuals so I have something to go on)

Thanks Kenny

Rick

/ L4200 Jumping out of gear #4  
I once needed to adjust the sheet metal "H" pattern on the fender, it was putting a little pressure on the shifter and it would pop out of second gear on me, have a look at that just in case. Good luck!

/ L4200 Jumping out of gear
Here is the 4200 with a pic of the mysterious hole. Adjustment of some sort maybe. I will have my old man check the shifter to make sure no pressure is on it. (i think its fine but i will double check) He used this tractor around the place for a while with no problems before he purchased it. It seems like when the fluid heats up it comes out of gear....especially with a light load....(raking hay, bailing, even dragging a blade)

Thanks everyone

100_2680.jpg

100_2678.jpg