Got a New Generator

/ Got a New Generator #1  

techman

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX22
Upgraded my genset at home for a new Kubota powered 9.8 KW. Had a Duetz aircooled 8 KW before. The Kubota is really nice. 1800 RPM and water cooled and it is nice and quiet. Added bonus is lower consumption, and auto start. I worked 6 days on and off getting it installed, fuel set up, exhaust run and wiring done. I have a manual transfer, so it is a switch to start, but from in the house.

Anyone interested in an 8KW Deutz diesel genset with less than 25 hours, sens me a PM.

Paul

Attachments

• New Gen.JPG
    New Gen.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 376
   / Got a New Generator #2  
Just curious why you updated a virtually brand new generator?

/ Got a New Generator
Just wanted to get a quieter, more efficient and easier for the wife to start. I always wanted a water cooled, 1800 RPM unit, so when I found the extra money I went for it. Several types on the market but I opted for the Kubota powered. Hopefully common filters and knowledge with the BX.

paul

/ Got a New Generator #4  
I acquired what looks to be an identical unit 2nd had over 10 years ago and it is still going strong. I am interested in the details of your fuel tank system and info on where I might find same. What was the cost of the genset?

/ Got a New Generator #5  
Nice setup! I have a Kubota GL6500 that I bought several years ago. Used to have a Honda 6500 gas and never had enough gas around when I needed it. Since I bought the diesel I think I have needed it twice! But you never know when the next hurricane or ice storm will come around. Great piece of mind.

/ Got a New Generator
I acquired what looks to be an identical unit 2nd had over 10 years ago and it is still going strong. I am interested in the details of your fuel tank system and info on where I might find same. What was the cost of the genset?

I bought the tank some years ago from BassPro. It's an 8 gallon marine unit. I had to add a return (common for diesel engines). I machined a threaded collar and brazed it to a length of rigid brass hobby tubing. Then I soldered a barbed hose fitting on top and fished it into the tank and clamped it fast with a nut. At the time I paid under $20 for the tank. I also have 50 gallons in a plastic barrel on the other side of the shed for the tractor and genset.

The new gen was around $5K all inclusive and shipped.

Paul

Attachments

• Fuel tank.JPG
    Fuel tank.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 189
   / Got a New Generator #7  
Nice looking unit!!! Is that a sucker or a pusher fan? I did not see any ducting for the fan, so how do you keep the shed from getting hot and overheating the engine? Philip.

/ Got a New Generator
Nice looking unit!!! Is that a sucker or a pusher fan? I did not see any ducting for the fan, so how do you keep the shed from getting hot and overheating the engine? Philip.

Fan is a pusher. Summer just open the shed door when running. Winter crack door and heat shed (along with tractor).

Paul