about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx?

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
guys,

because i cannot afford my dealers $360.00 tab for my 50 hour service, i will be doing it myself. with respect to cleaning the hydro filter screen, my question is: which hydro fluid comes with the bx (2009 bx2360), is it udt from the factory (as i suspect), and is there compatibility between the two (udt & super udt).
thanks for all responses, shrekbelly

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #2  
Fluids are filled by the dealer, not at the factory. My dealer put in SUDT and that is what I am sticking with. I recommend that you check with your dealer on what they put in their new tractors.

My understanding is that you should not mix UDT & SUDT.

For the $360 price tag from your dealer, I would assume that this includes dumping all fluids. I know there is a change in the newer model's manuals on whether to change the HST fluid at the 50 hour mark, I would recommend doing it even if your manual says not to.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #3  
Just my $.02, but the SUDT lessens the horrid whine quite a bit. Worth every penny, since you won't be doing this again for something like 2-300 hours. Pretty sure you can mix them without incident.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #4  
JOHNTHOMAS posted pictures and such for a 50 hour change. I did not change my transmission fluid.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #5  
Google Messicks tractor website. They have excellent free on-line instructions (with pics) for what you intend.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #6  
If I understood shrekbelly's question rightly, his concern is not how to do it, but whether udt or sudt came in his machine. It is my understanding that sudt is pretty standard on the factory fill, but dealers might well "top off" with whichever. I don't believe the world will stop spinning either way.

I just know, in my own experience, which is only testimonial and little else, that I love sudt and the smoother, quieter operation it provides in a BX. I do not know if this holds true in larger machines. Yes, Kubota has clearly stated that they have lengthened the time before the initial "full drain" on most of their machines. This has been true for some time now.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #7  
SUDT is what I'd put in it.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #8  
Fluids are filled by the dealer, not at the factory.

That is a curious statement. So you are saying they are shipped dry with no fluids in them? They are not test run at the factory? How do they load/unload them on the trucks to ship them?

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #9  
That is a curious statement. So you are saying they are shipped dry with no fluids in them? They are not test run at the factory? How do they load/unload them on the trucks to ship them?

If I'm wrong, I apologize for giving out false information. BX's are crated when sent to the dealer and the dealer assembles them. I was informed that after testing at the factory, they are drained for shipment in the crate.

/ about to change hydraulic filter . . . what's in my bx? #10  
If I'm wrong, I apologize for giving out false information. BX's are crated when sent to the dealer and the dealer assembles them. I was informed that after testing at the factory, they are drained for shipment in the crate.

I did not mean to imply you where wrong-sorry if I came across that way:thumbsup: