Kubota cab roof-unimpressive

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Anyone else have prioblems with theirs? Mine has an upper/lower halves which are sort of welded together pieces of plastic that meet at a seam. They have split and now the roof leaks.:thumbsup: Mine also has what look like stress fractures just behind the roof mount upper front lights. I guess it's time to caulk the leaks with clear caulk. :ashamed: 3 years old and leaks. :)

Tractor is pretty solid otherwise, but the roof is too frail & thin/cheap for my liking.

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #2  
Try to patch it up. I hear they Are over $1000. new.

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #4  
I have a 2004 Kubota M8200 cab tractor and just had the roof off for the first time to service the A/C. The roof is very light in weight compared to my smaller John Deere tractor but didn't see any fractures and don't have any leaks the last I knew. The upper roof half is a double layer of plastic with a thin cushion of air in between the plastic layers which I thought was good for insulation. I don't think the roof would take much rough treatment, eg, going under tree limbs, dropping on floor while handling, and etc.

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #5  
In addition to your disappointment in the roof quality, is there a safety concern here, assuming that the roof is supposed to serve as a FOPS?

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #6  
Maybe I should reconsider getting a cabbed M Series Kubota; seems like a lot of people aren't happy with them.

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #8  
Got a quote on an M8540 yesterday and they are coming down to look at my trade in today.

/ Kubota cab roof-unimpressive
Maybe I should reconsider getting a cabbed M Series Kubota; seems like a lot of people aren't happy with them.

If you're anywhere near woods, just be real careful. It's like having an eggshell over top of you while you work. I dislike the feeling of working with equipment that you always have to be careful with.

Rest of the tractor seems great. Roof shell is fragile. I've had 3 different cab tractors with roof leaks. Case, NH & now Kubota. I sold the Case (windshield was never sealed at the factory correctly). I fixed the NH (new roof). At least the NH roof was THICK plastic. It just had leaking attachment points. Can't really afford to put any big money into the Kubota roof, so it looks like caulk will have to do.

Last edited:
   / Kubota cab roof-unimpressive #10  
FWIW my Laurin cab is built like a tank - all steel with an integral welded rollover structure. The down side of a strong cab is weight, the hefty roof doesn't keep the cg low. So maybe a light design that needs caulking now and has its good points, even if not impressive.

One day I was mowing under some huge old apple trees and caught a heavy limb with the top corner of the cab. The tractor just did a wheelie - front axle came up a couple feet before I could stop. I thought sure the cab would be bent - but no damage at all. The Laurin ain't all curvy and beautiful but it definitely does the job.

Last edited: