3-Point Hitch MMM Top position

/ MMM Top position #1  

Jeff F.

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2660 and B3200
I checked several other threads on how to keep the mmm up when using the 3 point. I have found the top position on my control, however it will not engage. Is there something I need to adjust before the mmm will go in the top position? I hate to wreck the mmm or have to take it off. I have a BX2660 with a 60"mmm.

/ MMM Top position #2  
Could be as simple as making sure the 3 point and MMM are raised all the way before turning the knob to TOP. I learned this the hard way, after practically wearing the skin off the palm of my hand trying to turn the knob, while the deck was lowered...
Has is ever worked? Might need an adjustment. There was a recent thread on this.

/ MMM Top position #3  
Try one click either side of where it indicates "TOP" if you've not. I know the indicator on my knob (BX 25) does not quite line up with the position at which the mmm will stay up.

/ MMM Top position #4  
Like Stradbash, my indicator mark is off. If your knob rotates all the way around, it should lock. If not, as mentioned, it will be an adjustment problem as mentioned on the other thread.

/ MMM Top position #5  
Mine won't lock in the top position either. It used to be it would if someone lifted a little bit on the deck, but it won't even do that now. From what I read in some other threads, I suspect mine hits the bottom of the tractor before it locks in the top position. I'm sure I could adjust it out, but it might take some messing around, and then I might screw up the cut. From what the other threads said, you can spend a lot of time adjusting the deck to get everything perfect. Right now mine cuts pretty good so I probably will just leave it alone.

/ MMM Top position #6  
After lifting the mower deck/3pt up all the way till relief kicks in, and if the top won't engage over then you are overdue for adjustment. Just look in the back of the tractor on left side of tractor between tire and frame. There is a bolt adjustment there. Just turn bolt adjustment clockwise one full turn at a time till the top will engage over. On mine I had to go more then 5 turns to get it to top postion.

/ MMM Top position
Just to make sure I am turning the control the right way, the Top position is past 4 or past 1? Like you said, I am cranking on it and I do not want to break something. I have been working a lot lately so I have not been able to look for the adjustment bolt yet. I will check that tomorrow. I took the day off and hope to get some seat time!!!:thumbsup:

/ MMM Top position #9  
My control knob only turns counter clockwise and it will be just past 4.

/ MMM Top position #10  
Mine is just past 4 also. Basically, one step above the 4" setting.