Loaded for bear

/ Loaded for bear #11  
Bird,

The pump is plastic impeller according to his picture. I fried one once pumping water using my 3/8 air drill with out the little foam muffler. Broke open the pump and it was melted.

Derek

/ Loaded for bear #12  
Harv - Nice shopping trips!

As for using the drill with diesel fuel, there shouldn't be any problem at all. Diesel itself is flammable, of course, but you don't have to worry about explosive volatiles, like you do with gasoline. As you may know, there are all kinds of additional precautions prescribed in the National Electrical Code for areas designated "hazardous", which includes the area around gasoline dispensers, but significantly, not around diesel dispensers. FWIW.

MarkC

/ Loaded for bear #13  
Once again your right on the money Bird. He hasn't even scrached the surface yet. But over time he will have a bunch of neat stuff to put on the back.

Like me I only have a small garden so I never would have thought about getting a large three point tiller and what am I in the process of getting--a large three point tiller but not for my garden. It's to do other peoples gardens. Hummmm lets see what other three point stuff I'd never think about getting unless I can make alittle money from./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Loaded for bear #14  
OK, Derek. The picture looks like a plastic body to me, but I have no experience with that particular model and would not have thought it would have the warning against using with flammables unless there was a chance of metal against metal somewhere. I have a neighbor who recently inherited a very fine air powered pump (sells new for about $700). When it quit working he brought it to me to see if I could fix it. I did, but the manufacturer says it's for oil; not recommended for flammables; however, this neighbor feels the same way, that the risk is so small he's using it on his diesel tank to refuel his tractors.

Bird

/ Loaded for bear
Muhammad -

I sense a certain amount of tongue planted squarely in your right cheek on some of these. However --

<font color=blue>Get yourself a few cans of tire sealant </font color=blue>

My rear tires are filled. Will it still work?

<font color=blue>Do you have an SMV emblem?</font color=blue>

Uhhhhhh... wasn't planning to ever take it on the road. Should have one anyway?

<font color=blue>No anti-theft contraption yet?</font color=blue>

Yeah -- a garage door. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>What about loader hooks?</font color=blue>

Got the hooks. Not sure how to attach them yet -- not set up for welding at this point.

<font color=blue>You will need a horn if you want to let 'em know you're coming!!</font color=blue>

Don't want 'em to know I'm coming. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

<font color=blue>Side view mirrors would be a smart safety add-on...</font color=blue>

Dunno if you're serious -- haven't tried the bush hog yet.

<font color=blue>Ever going to pull a trailer?</font color=blue>

Possibly. Probably use the drawbar, I would think.

<font color=blue>Night operation might be better with some add-on work lights mounted to the ROPS.</font color=blue>

Just a matter of time...

<font color=blue>a steering wheel spinner, or 'suicide knob'.</font color=blue>

"Spinner" sounds nice. "Suicide" is a little less enticing. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

<font color=blue>I think you're just getting started.</font color=blue>

I suppose I should pace myself./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Loaded for bear #16  
Harv- just keep walking around the tractor, get out a lawn chair and gander a while, keep looking, youll find somewhere to hang all the stuff on your tractor. don't rush try it on think on it a week. you will have a vison!
Rich

/ Loaded for bear
Bird -

If the tractor is in or near the shop where it sleeps at night, I have a nice air compressor unit there.

If it's out in the field, all I have right now is a low volume, 220 psi battery-operated compressor that should fill a rear tire in, oh, say, 2 or 3 days.

Recommendations?

HarvSig.gif

/ Loaded for bear #18  
Muhammad - Have you ever seen a steering wheel spinner that will fit on a Kubota L steering wheel? All the ones I've seen have a clamp that doesn't work on that kind of wheel.

MarkC

/ Loaded for bear #19  
You'll need to get a 3PH air compressor. I'm sure I saw one somewhere.

/ Loaded for bear #20  
Mark,

A while back I saw a really nice one at a John Deere dealer for $20-$30 (this was probably 6 years ago)... it obviously looked like it was designed to fit the JD tractor steering wheels, although if I remember correctly at that time they were a little smoother than the Kubota grand-L steering wheel 'curves' are even now... and I can't quite remember how the spinner was actually set up - if the mount was a form-fitting or fixed with hard rubber type. Where/what have you checked so far? Do they not fit at all? Or just not on the spoke? I have never seen a Kubota spinner - I guess you already know that. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif