bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve.

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
hi guys,

got a problem that is stumping me. the first coupler on my bx2360 won't click in (it's yellow, and is in front of the, red,blue and white-they all click in)
ergo a non functioning-loader and tractor.
any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve.
now i can't even sign off . . . it's me shrekbelly
p.s. could this be the dreaded kubota curse?

HELP!

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #3  
If you are reattaching the loader did you cycle the loader stick with the machine off to relieve pressure on the tractor side. Chances are possible that pressure built up on the lines of the loader as it sat. It happens alot with the skid steer I use. If all else fails take the fitting on the loader and unscrew it a bit. Just enough for fluid pressue to be relieved. Then try reattaching it. Just some stuff that helps me. Mike R

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #4  
Take the fitting in your hand and press the nub in the middle against something hard, like the side of the loader arm. It will spurt a little fluid, thus relieving the pressure and allowing you to couple it up.

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #5  
If you three of them connected, shut the tractor off and then move the joystick in all directions. This will relieve the trapped pressure and allow you to connect the fourth coupler.

If this is the first coupler and it won't go on will any of the others?

Was the loader sitting out in the sun? If yes thermal expansion can cause the pressure to build in the cylinders and you may have to either carefully tap the hose ends on something solid to get the poppet to open and relieve the trapped pressure or crack a fitting.

Good luck

Roy

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #6  
Becarefull that fluid is under pressure. Put a rag or something over the end before doing it.

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #7  
Take the fitting in your hand and press the nub in the middle against something hard, like the side of the loader arm. It will spurt a little fluid, thus relieving the pressure and allowing you to couple it up.

Becarefull that fluid is under pressure. Put a rag or something over the end before doing it.

Yes, PLEASE cover the fitting first!

/ bx hydraulic coupler & loader valve. #8  
yeah- its usually a line that has too high of a pressure. Please - before striking that pin in the coupler, cover it with a rag. its very painful to have some squirted in your hands under high pressure. I prefer to use couple wrenches and loosen fitting and have oil ooze out. safer too. I used oldnslo method and it works too- only if loader wasnt left in sun all day.