hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT!

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT!
I dont think they get shipped from the factory with fluid in them in crates.

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #12  
The mechanics at my dealership said all new Kubotas come with SUDT due to the better properties at low temps. Not sure else where though. Even though with my BX25 the fluid seems to get real hot and cause noise. I will be trying Amsoil synthetic hydro when I do my change. Not a huge difference between it and sudt in price. Then again I love synthetic oils.

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #13  
This is quite a leap
going from not being sure to stating that the factory installs the most expensive....
don't you think...?

The SUDT being synthetic has been around since they first introduced it priced like a synthetic...
And I do not believe they ship SUDT to Japan to put into new tractors... Most all dealers use what works in the tractors they sell... I am sure some only stock SUDT there fore when they top off a delivered new tractor they use it... MANY others use what they stock and it works fine... just like what might be in the machine from the manufacturing plant. They use what works and you can replace with whatever works for you that might even include a real synthetic ... or not. KennyV

Super UDT is not synthetic.

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #14  
Interesting discussion. One of those types that only a dealer can answer.

re. SUDT, as BP has pointed out, it's not synthetic, it's a multiweight hydraulic oil.
UDT is a straight 20w oil and SUDT is a multiweight 10w20 oil.

SUDT has better flow properties in extreme cold temps and it also has a higher boil point in extreme hot temps so basically it's superior to UDT in both hot & cold climates, according to the spec's that is :D

I was told my BX23 had SUDT in it when I purchased it and thats all I've run in it since. It worked great for approx 500 hrs, hardly whines and I'm comfortable running it in 0 degrees to 110 degrees so I have no reason to try another fluid.

Dave

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #15  
"Transmission Oil :
The oil used to lubricate the transmission is also used as hydraulic fluid. To insure proper operation of
the hydraulic system and to complete lubrication of the transmission, it is important that a multi-grade
transmission fluid is used in this system. We recommend the use of KUBOTA UDT or SUPER UDT fluid for
optimum protection and performance. (Consult your local KUBOTA Dealer for further detail.)
Do not mix different brands together.
Indicated capacities of water and oil are manufacturer痴 estimate."

This is a exerpt from the bseries shop manual. It also says that SUDT is used as a front axle oil or 80W90 gear oil can be used.

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #16  
...had SUDT in it when I purchased it and thats all I've run in it since. It worked great for approx 500 hrs, hardly whines and I'm comfortable running it in 0 degrees to 110 degrees so I have no reason to try another fluid.
Same here!

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #17  
Super UDT is not synthetic.

I mean to shout it is NOT synthetic...

What I said is it is only priced like a synthetic!
That pricing and the 'S' in SUDT is what had a lot of the folks here believing it was synthetic.

The multi vis 10-20 that it is rated will help in the winter, but it will still never perform better than a straight wt 20 in heat.

Not saying that it will not work for what you are doing... Just if you are going to pay the price of a synthetic, you could be getting the full advantage of a synthetic by switching to a synthetic...

I have always ran TSC premium UDT, works fine in Kansas climate... KennyV

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #18  
I had UDT in my BX after a dealer warranty repair. Put in SUDT back in and I swear it is smoother and quieter in hot weather. No theory as to why, it just is.

It worked great for approx 500 hrs...

Wow, I got 250 hours more than volf now. :p

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT!
One question I have is with a TLB, can you ever change all the fluid? The loader and backhoe will always have some no matter what you do.

/ hydro fluid? - not SUDT vs UDT! #20  
One question I have is with a TLB, can you ever change all the fluid?
Nope. Can't get every last bit of engine oil out either. But it's probably OK, the tractor holds quite a lot by comparison.

donn12 said:
The loader and backhoe will always have some no matter what you do.
I try my best... I raise/extend the cylinders as much as possible until I've drained the tractor, then slowly let them down and let gravity do the rest. A good bit more comes out.

Probably overkill though. Unlike my engine example, the oil that's trapped in the hoses & cylinders is filtered and clean, if a little "old".