BX rattling.....

/ BX rattling..... #1  

Uncle_Stashu

My BX 2200 has a rattling noise that seems to have become more pronounced as of late. I was finished mowing the other evening and spent some time trying to find the source. It seems to be coming from the area beneath the floorboards around the front of the transmission. The one thing I noticed that really bothers me about it is that if the tractor is just stationary and the rattle is occouring, either turning the wheel or pushing on the hydro pedal to move the tractor forward or back will cause the noise to stop. I hate to think that the noise is internal. I haven't run the tractor since and plan to call the dealer tomorrow. The noise does not occur constantly, but will pop up when the tractor is stationary and at about 1/4 -1/3 throttle. The trans/hydraulics do not act up at all or do anything unusual. Fluid levels are fine. I was just wondering if anyone has any input regarding this. Thanks.

/ BX rattling..... #2  
I just got a L3000dt and i noticed at certain rpms and sitting still the 3ph lever will rattle. increase the rpms and it stops. i havent looked for a way to stop it yet. it's annoying.
you might look for something similar going on. just a thought.

/ BX rattling..... #3  
I noticed a rattle on my BX2200,,while mowing,,,,It worried me,,,but i noticed when my mowing deck was locked in top position,,,,,it stopped,,,,,,must be the hangers vibrating against the floor deck or somthin,,,,,it doesnt bother me now ,,,,,??????????Dont thing it will hurt anything,,,,,,I HOPE<<<<<im not a worrier,,,,,,,if somthin brakes cause of it later ill just fix it,,,,,,,,,,lol..........???????

/ BX rattling.....
Thanks for the replies. I am going to look around some more when I get a little time (and more light - was getting dark when I was looking the other evening.)

/ BX rattling..... #5  
Is there something stuck in the transmission fan? J

/ BX rattling..... #6  
My first thought also,That little cooling fan is an easy mark for a stick or other debris.

/ BX rattling..... #7  
I have a rattle that I figured out recently and I was shocked to find out what it is; more shocked I didn't realize it until 30 hours on the tractor. My front wheel drive shaft is not connected! The rear portion of the rod that is supposed to fit over the transmission shaft splines is sitting beside it and rattling around in that spot. All my property is pretty level and I have not needed 4 wheel drive. I engaged it quite a few times (or at least thought it was engaged) and noticed the rattle was louder, but then forgot about it. One day I got really curious and jacked up the rear tires with the backhoe & the front with a floor jack. I looked closely underneath and to my amazement it was never attached properly! I started the tractor while jacked up and was able to clearly see what was going on. Now time to get it to the repair shop. I'll be very pleasantly surprised at how quiet the tractor is once this is fixed! That rattle gets old and maybe 4wd will be impressive once it actually works!

Terry

/ BX rattling..... #8  
Did your tractor have a little sticker on the side that says, "Passed" and is signed by the "Chief Inspecor" or was he off that day? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

That is amazing that it wasn't caught at the plant or during dealer prep.

/ BX rattling.....
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna pull the deck off tomorrow to get a better look under there.

/ BX rattling..... #10  
I decided today to fix it myself as no time to leave it at the dealership. I will take pics of the damage done from the shaft rubbing for the last 40 hrs of use. I can email the pics to my dealer and schedule any necessary work for a later time. There is nothing demanding immediate attention. Boy, talk about more pleasant to use now and quieter! I wouldn't have thought that one problem would make so much noise. You are correct; hard to believe it got missed, but then again you really have to get way under there to see the problem. It was only right at the end next to the transmission that any problem was evident - except for the noise!
Terry