using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms #1  

johann

Silver Member
Tractor
bx2200
Is there a way to use the mid mount mower on my bx2200 with out lowering the 3 pt hitch arms? It is a bit frusterating to have those arms hang so low to the ground, When I back up I end up running them into the bank, or other things when I am in tight spots.

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms #2  
I made a loop out of 1/2" rope and hang them from the ROPS.

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms #3  
The upper HST support brackets have two eyelets, one on either side of the upper 3ph lift arms. Disconnect the two vertical 3ph arms and pin them to these eyelets and I guarrantee they'll stay put :D.

fyi, if you have an owners manual this is covered in it but its buried in a section thats not really related, if I recall correctly :D

fyi II, I use a cyclone rake at times and it hitches to a special hitch thats mounted on my BX23's 3ph. what I've done is to install two short check chains from those eyelets I mentioned to the bracket and they're measured to where the cyclone rake can just roll up to the bracket and be easily pinned in when the 3ph is lowered. The check chains keep it at that perfect height (not to high, not to low) in all 3ph positions except when it's rasied and it doesn't interfere with any of the depth/height positions of the MMM.

Theres always more than 1 way to skin a cat :D
Dave

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms
Thanks for the ideas.

Volfandt, I also have a cyclone rake that is set up for my JD garden tractor,(I don't hardly use any more now that I have a kubota)I would be interested in seeing pics of how you have your cyclone is set up I would like to fit mine on the BX.

Also,.....where are these magical manuals that have useful information in them? Am I the only one who got the manual that is vague and has little information in it that is useful? You all here are the best manual I have found that applies to my kubota, ...or anything else related to it!

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms #6  
Thanks for the ideas.

Volfandt, I also have a cyclone rake that is set up for my JD garden tractor,(I don't hardly use any more now that I have a kubota)I would be interested in seeing pics of how you have your cyclone is set up I would like to fit mine on the BX.

Be glad to provide some pics but unfortunately I'm out of town until the weekend, I'll provide some then.
FYI, a search on my moniker here in the Kubota owners forum (or cyclone rake) will turn up some older pics and info on my cyclone rake experience. It'll be a couple yrs old and I've done more mod's to it (better check chain mod etc) since I originally posted it.

when I ordered the cyclone rake (CR) I specified that it was for a BX and they sent me a nice 3ph bracket and the MMM boot that was closest to matching the openning. I had to make a small blocking plate for the rear of the boot to cover where the boot didn't fully cover the opening but other than that the boto works fine. Kubota makes an OEM boot that can also be used but I don't know the pricing on it.
I use that 3ph bracket for more than just the cyclone rake. I mounted a hitch ball on it so I can hitch up to my trailers and I've also tried several other things with it. Unless your JD CR mount is a 3ph type, you may need to order the bracket from CR or make up your own.
The CR works great w/my BX23 & 60" MMM. Only wish it was bigger :D
Dave

/ using MMM with out lowering 3 pt hitch arms #7  
Is there a way to use the mid mount mower on my bx2200 with out lowering the 3 pt hitch arms? It is a bit frusterating to have those arms hang so low to the ground, When I back up I end up running them into the bank, or other things when I am in tight spots.

Here you go, who needs a manual.:D

Attachments

• Ready2Hk8BRKT.JPG
    Ready2Hk8BRKT.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 204
thanks for the help,...I can wait on the CR pics, knowing me I will probably not get to changing things around until I have a mountain of leaves to pick up.

milkman, I like the pic. with the circle, I am not skilled enough on the computer to do stuff like that.