L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #1  

Buster747

Tractor
L5030 HST
In the sweltering heat in south Alabama, a/c in real important. Yesterday of course at 2pm while bushhogging the dang a/c quit cooling. I have checked and cleaned filters, what else can I do other than take it in for service (94 miles one way). Has anyone else had similar problems like this or am I the lucky one? :laughing:

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #2  
Have you checked the sight glass for low coolant? Might also want to check the evaporator in the roof. There was a thread on here recently with some really good information on air conditioning.

Mine had a bunch of buildup in the evaporator and was low on coolant. It now works great.

If it is not something simple, I have a dealer work on it, but with a set of gauges you can do a lot of checking.

Troubleshoot Automotive Air Conditioning Problems

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #3  
Clean your condensor! Most of the a/c issues on tractors are from dirty condensors. Use air, not water, if you use water, you have to let it dry before using it again (or it will collect more dirt). Your condensor is located just in front of your radiator. Hope this helps.

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem
Thanks guys,
I will do all above.:thumbsup:

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #5  
Have you checked the condition and tension on the AC belt, it is different than the fan belt. Is the compressor kicking on?

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #6  
A little late for a reply, but I went through a bunch of AC repairs last year with my L5030 and thought I'd add what I learned.

First, the condenser needs to be cleaned out. I've found that blowing it out with air on a periodic basis is good, but about once a year Ipull off the air cleaner and light assemblies and flush the condenser (& the radiator) out with water real well. When the condenser is clean, you can hang meat in the cab on even a 90F+ day. By the same token, I can tell when the condenser gets clogged up as the temps will slowly rise, indicating that the fins are once again plugging up. Depending on what I'm doing, this can happen fairly quickly.

With that said, last year I basically had the entire system shoot craps. It was working well, and then one day it went to simply blowing ambient air temps. I had a lot of loader work to do, and it was hot, so I just ran with the doors open for a day and then took it into the dealer. The verdict -- the compressor had "shelled itself out," and that took with it a variety of other parts. In terms of age, it was well out of warranty ('05 model), but I only had about 500hrs on it so the dealer really worked on Kubota to replace the parts. All in all, I ended up paying about $300 in labor out of what was, in total, about a $2K repair (compressor, alone, was over $1K).

There's no moral of the story other than to keep the compressor cleaned out. Likewise, the cab filter as that can impeded airflow through the roof if it gets too clogged. But if your AC just stops one day, all I can say is to hold onto your wallet! :0

/ L5030 HST Air Conditioning Problem #7  
check the fuses I had to put a little heaver fuse on mine