BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #1  

yooper jim

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2660
Help Do I try a new QD????

Thought I'd try the new snowblower with hydro chute before the snow flies. Has red and blue hoses and are the center two QD's on the FEL connections (left and right chute). The chute motor rotates in one direction and locks up in the other direction. (pulled the gear off the motor to see if chute is jammed and it is not.)...... With gear off will rotate in one dirction only.

So..... I figure QD problem Try 50 times to connect and reconnect. Same thing. Put red and blue on white and yellow QD's and I works fine (obviously) the joy stick is the wrong direction. What is the deal? BTW Hydro dozer blade works fine as does FEL.

Thanks Jim

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #2  

Thought I'd try the new snowblower with hydro chute before the snow flies. Has red and blue hoses and are the center two QD's on the FEL connections (left and right chute). The chute motor rotates in one direction and locks up in the other direction. (pulled the gear off the motor to see if chute is jammed and it is not.)...... With gear off will rotate in one dirction only.

So..... I figure QD problem Try 50 times to connect and reconnect. Same thing. Put red and blue on white and yellow QD's and I works fine (obviously) the joy stick is the wrong direction. What is the deal? BTW Hydro dozer blade works fine as does FEL.

Thanks Jim

Which BX do you have? I had a similar problem the first time I hooked up my 4 way front snow blade. The angle cylinder would extend but not retract. Turned out I had the hoses cross connected - one on one circuit, the other on the other circuit. I do recall that on the 60 series BXs, the outer two male QCs are one circuit and the inner two are the other circuit. I think the outer two are FEL up/down, but don't quote me on it. I used colored tape to mark which hose goes where, but it's all disconnected now and in storage.

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower
It's a BX2660. You are right the outer two QD (Y&W) are up and down FEL. So up and down circuit for quick hitch. I would think that center two QD's (R&B) is the other circuit and if switched, should only make the left and right on the joy stick backwards. I'll try switching R&B in the morning, but I'm sure I tried that.

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #4  

Thanks Jim

Assuming you have the right valve, just push the lever to the right past the detent.

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #5  
   / BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #6  
An additional note-the chute will rotate very fast once you move the lever past the detent.

There is no detent on the left and right movement of the joy stick. It just springs back. This was all bought as a package from the kubota dealer, so the valve and all should be correct. I just don't understand why it works on the one circuit and not the other. If I hook a double action cyl to this, it work just fine.

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #8  
There is no detent on the left and right movement of the joy stick. It just springs back. This was all bought as a package from the kubota dealer, so the valve and all should be correct. I just don't understand why it works on the one circuit and not the other. If I hook a double action cyl to this, it work just fine.

It (the detent) should be there if you have a 4-way valve-and all the newer machine com with them. It is not a detent like the float, the stick will still come back to neutral after you let it go.

If you do not push the lever far enough, then both hoses are pressurized, that is why the motor is "locking up" Your bucket works because of the wieght of it pulling it down.

Read the first post of the thread I linked carefully. Also do a search of the term "regen" for LOTS of post's just like this:thumbsup:

/ BX Quick disconnect problem on snowblower #9  
Just a thought here,the detent in the loader valve maybe a little difficult to overcome,like pushing the loader valve into float position.You may have to push harder to get past the detent-it can feel quite abrupt.Good Luck!

Maybe I'm wrong, but when the blue line is pressurized (move stick right) the red line acts as a return line. Move stick left and red is pressurized. Blue becomes return line. That should reverse direction of hyd motor. It works a DA cyl on blade correctly (left - right angle). I read the post on regen etc. 3 - 4 way makes sense.