B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #1  

Botabill

Platinum Member
When I remove the FEL from my B2620 the colour coded plugs that are supposed to be inserted in the male and female hydraulic connectors to protect them (Caps and plugs) won't stay in place. They pop off the connector as quick as I plug them in. Has anyone the same problem and has anyone found a cure. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #2  
Last time I took my loader off, I had the same problem. Don't know of a fix other than picking up some new caps at a dealer's.

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #3  
Same issue here. Even cleaning all of the fluid that gets on them didn't help.

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #4  
Same issue here. Even cleaning all of the fluid that gets on them didn't help.

I gave up on those years ago. Mainly the male ends. The females seem to stay put. I just wipe everything off with a paper towel and get on with it. Most of the heavy equipment that I'm around aren't covered anyway...Not that I like to see that.

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #5  
For the caps:
Put a cable tie around the cap (about 2/3 of the way down) and make it just tight enough that it keeps it on.

For the plugs:
Do they go all of they way in? On our B7500 the loader plugs sometimes do not stay in unless you pull back on the QD like you were going to connect it to the loader control and then slide the plug in.

Aaron Z

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #6  
I pull the collar back to put the plugs in and also to remove them.

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #7  
For the caps:
Put a cable tie around the cap (about 2/3 of the way down) and make it just tight enough that it keeps it on.

For the plugs:
Do they go all of they way in? On our B7500 the loader plugs sometimes do not stay in unless you pull back on the QD like you were going to connect it to the loader control and then slide the plug in.

Aaron Z

The only issue with that is if you are taking the impliments off and on as I do...If one runs the machine empty most of the time this is a good solution.

/ B2620 Hydraulic Plugs connector problem #8  
The only issue with that is if you are taking the impliments off and on as I do...If one runs the machine empty most of the time this is a good solution.

We did that on a mower conditioner that we have, the oil weakened the rubber enough that the cap would slip right off. I put a ziptie around the outside of the cap just firm enough that it stays on (sort of like a hoseclamp on a hose), and it has been good so far (2 cuttings of hay later). I see no reason why it wouldn't work taking things on and off frequently.

Aaron Z