2 day old tractor front tire flat.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #1  

montelatici

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 and L3560 HSTC LE
I took the 2 day old L3700SU out of the barn to mow a neglected field. Get to the field and notice the tractor is cockeyed. Front left tire is coming off the rim.

Nurse the tractor near the garage and compressor. I use the loader to lift the front end and decide to take the wheel off. I am not as young as I used to be and I am wondering if my three tire irons and my strength will get the tire back on the wheel. Thinking of taking it to a tire place in the morning. But, I was planning to do some mowing this evening so I decide to give it a shot.

Worked up a heck of a sweat sweat and got the tire back on the rim with the tire irons. Start filling the tire with air but air is escaping around the bead. I start sitting on the wheel and bouncing on it while filling it with air. Finally it starts getting some pressure. Fill it to 20 lbs. and then fill it with the gooey flat repair stuff I happened to have laying around. Fill it up to 30 lbs. and I start mowing. It took some work but the tire irons did the trick.

Moral of the story. Get tire irons! And even if you are pushing 60, you can do it.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #2  
I bought myself one of these.. for when the tire doesn't want to seat. ;)

A big Attaboy for the DIY tire repair montelatici. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0630001303a.jpg
    0630001303a.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 411
   / 2 day old tractor front tire flat.
I bought myself one of these.. for when the tire doesn't want to seat. ;)

A big Attaboy for the DIY tire repair montelatici. :thumbsup:

What is it. I might want one.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #6  
Get an old propane tank and a ball valve. Make your own.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #7  
Congrats on your repair. Yep, keeping sufficient air in front tires is useful....and easy to miss when they are low.....I filled my FEL with dirt, looked at the front tires, discovered they were almost riding on the rim and then aired them to the max recommended. Have heard of several TBN'ers who didn't happen to notice and rolled the tire off the rim, as you did...Glad it went back together for you... I predict you will love your new tractor.:thumbsup:

And, yep, I got my tire irons from Harbor Freight...pretty cheap iron and never know when you will need them.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #8  
Tire inflator sounds like a handy giz.
All my off road stuff gets SLIME when new. It's the only stuff that consistently works (for me) Even in areas covered up with Mesquite and Locust.
There's never an 800 pound gorilla around when you need one.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat.
And, yep, I got my tire irons from Harbor Freight...pretty cheap iron and never know when you will need them.

I have the tire irons because I road raced motorcycles until 3 years ago. In fact they were in my race bike trailer. I wondered if they were strong enough for tractor tires. They were.

/ 2 day old tractor front tire flat. #10  
Wrestling a tire on/off a rim would make a good video...with sound of course.:laughing: At 145 pounds, and 77 years the tire nearly wins when I try it. More than two irons is helpful, I've noticed.