Tractor
    Kubota L5240 ROPs FEL, JD LX277, Ferris 3100Z

Default FEL Bucket Won't Stay Elevated/Level

I noticed this evening that my FEL bucket keeps gradually tipping forward as I am driving the tractor.The FEL itself doesn't seem to be falling. I can't see any obvious sign of leaking around the cylinders. I can't see any obvious signs of a hydraulic hose leak. What is the most likely culprit?

I left it in the air with the tractor off to observe it and it does the same thing. Just a gradual tipping forward.

The tractor is less than three years old and has less than 300 hours on it. I just noticed it today and haven't had any trouble with it previously.

I feel like I should know the answer, but I must be overlooking the obvious.
    Desire makes a way; lack of desire makes an excuse.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Re: FEL Bucket Won't Stay Elevated/Level

Quote Originally Posted by EastTnFarmboy View Post
    I noticed this evening that my FEL bucket keeps gradually tipping forward as I am driving the tractor.The FEL itself doesn't seem to be falling. I can't see any obvious sign of leaking around the cylinders. I can't see any obvious signs of a hydraulic hose leak. What is the most likely culprit?

I left it in the air with the tractor off to observe it and it does the same thing. Just a gradual tipping forward.

The tractor is less than three years old and has less than 300 hours on it. I just noticed it today and haven't had any trouble with it previously.

I feel like I should know the answer, but I must be overlooking the obvious.
    It could either be a hydraulic cylinder leaking by internally (you wouldn't see an external leak) or it is the control valve.

If you have quick disconnects, you could try swapping the raise/lower ones with the curl/uncurl ones. It you do this, and the bucket still tips forward, it is a cylinder. If the problem changes to the loader itself drifting down, then it is the valve. Just bear in mind that when you change the quick connects, your joystick will be different.

Also, if you determine that the valve is ok, it doesnt mean that both cylinders are bad either. It could be only one leaking by but since they are connected in parallel, it makes it seem as if both are bad.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

MX5100 DIY Remotes
    MX5100 Diverter install

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota MX5100HST w/LA844
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported